Confirmed, Ne-Yo to Welcome Child With Girlfriend in January
Ne-Yo has confirmed that he and actress girlfriend Monyetta Shaw are expecting a child together. During an interview with Ebony magazine on Thursday, June 24, the "So Sick" hitmaker said, "I am 30, and I do have my first child on the way, and I'm very, very, very excited about that."
Ne-Yo further revealed that the new addition to his family is due in January, saying "It's a New Year's baby and I'm just in a really good place right now." The dad-to-be, who has been preparing to attend the ASCAP Awards in Beverly Hills on Friday night, June 25, said he had to come home in Atlanta so he could make the first ultrasound visit with Monyetta.
However, Ne-Yo claimed he still hasn't known about the baby's sex because the tiny tot was curled up in the womb during the first ultrasound, making it hard to determine the gender. The "Miss Independent" singer later joked that the baby was "stubborn," adding "They didn't get that one from me."
Beside expecting his child, Ne-Yo will also welcome the birth of his new album "Libra Scale". The record, which will include tracks such as "Beautiful Monster", "I'm Not an Idiot" and "Champagne Life", is scheduled to hit U.S. shelves in September.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie