Confirmed, Ne-Yo to Welcome Child With Girlfriend in January
Ne-Yo has confirmed that he and actress girlfriend Monyetta Shaw are expecting a child together. During an interview with Ebony magazine on Thursday, June 24, the "So Sick" hitmaker said, "I am 30, and I do have my first child on the way, and I'm very, very, very excited about that."
Ne-Yo further revealed that the new addition to his family is due in January, saying "It's a New Year's baby and I'm just in a really good place right now." The dad-to-be, who has been preparing to attend the ASCAP Awards in Beverly Hills on Friday night, June 25, said he had to come home in Atlanta so he could make the first ultrasound visit with Monyetta.
However, Ne-Yo claimed he still hasn't known about the baby's sex because the tiny tot was curled up in the womb during the first ultrasound, making it hard to determine the gender. The "Miss Independent" singer later joked that the baby was "stubborn," adding "They didn't get that one from me."
Beside expecting his child, Ne-Yo will also welcome the birth of his new album "Libra Scale". The record, which will include tracks such as "Beautiful Monster", "I'm Not an Idiot" and "Champagne Life", is scheduled to hit U.S. shelves in September.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed