Peter Jackson Decides to Direct 'The Hobbit', Deal Is Being Negotiated
It seems that Peter Jackson has a big dedication to "The Hobbit". The filmmaker who had been linked to the directing duty for the film has reportedly decided to take the job and replace Guillermo del Toro who announced his departure from the project in late May.
According to Deadline Hollywood, "his deal is being negotiated right now with Warner Bros, New Line, and MGM." Jackson's camp has been tight-lipped about the matter, but it is said that "the case is being made to MGM's owners to loosen the purse strings and make the movies happen."
When idea that Jackson will replace del Toro in directing "The Hobbit" was first proposed by many sites, his manager Ken Kamins quickly denied it, explaining that the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy helmer had been booked up and won't be able to commit to the film. Now, Deadline claims Jackson has extricated himself from the projects that would not allow him to direct two parts of "The Hobbit".
Both "Hobbit" film are planned to be shot back-to-back in New Zealand. Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens will reportedly visit Los Angeles the week after July 4 to meet actors who've been gathered by casting directors. The three additionally team up with del Toro to complete the script for the movie.
"The Hobbit" will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council. The first part is expected to arrive in December 2012, while "The Hobbit 2" will come out a year later.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences