It's Official: Michael Fassbender Is Magneto in 'X-Men: First Class'
The rumor has been made official. Michael Fassbender is on board to star as Erik Lensherr aka Magneto in "X-Men: First Class". The actor, who had been reported being offered the lead role in the film, entered talks with 20th Century Fox two weeks ago and now the deal is done, The Hollywood Reporter states.
Fassbender will star opposite James McAvoy who has previously signed to play Charles Xavier aka Professor X. The studio is currently looking for actors to play other mutant characters as they are prepping to start shooting this August in London, England. Earlier this week casting director Mindy Marin left the project but she has been replaced by Joseph Middleton.
Matthew Vaughn is set to direct the film, which will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Xavier and Lensherr when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. Fox eyes June 3, 2011 U.S. release date for this action sci-fi.
Michael Fassbender stars in "Jonah Hex" which has been released on June 18 in the U.S. He also has roles in films such as "Inglourious Basterds" and "300", and will next appear in Neil Marshall's Roman action movie "Centurion", which is slated for U.S. limited release on August 27.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...