It's Official: Michael Fassbender Is Magneto in 'X-Men: First Class'
The rumor has been made official. Michael Fassbender is on board to star as Erik Lensherr aka Magneto in "X-Men: First Class". The actor, who had been reported being offered the lead role in the film, entered talks with 20th Century Fox two weeks ago and now the deal is done, The Hollywood Reporter states.
Fassbender will star opposite James McAvoy who has previously signed to play Charles Xavier aka Professor X. The studio is currently looking for actors to play other mutant characters as they are prepping to start shooting this August in London, England. Earlier this week casting director Mindy Marin left the project but she has been replaced by Joseph Middleton.
Matthew Vaughn is set to direct the film, which will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Xavier and Lensherr when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. Fox eyes June 3, 2011 U.S. release date for this action sci-fi.
Michael Fassbender stars in "Jonah Hex" which has been released on June 18 in the U.S. He also has roles in films such as "Inglourious Basterds" and "300", and will next appear in Neil Marshall's Roman action movie "Centurion", which is slated for U.S. limited release on August 27.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch