It's Official: Michael Fassbender Is Magneto in 'X-Men: First Class'
The rumor has been made official. Michael Fassbender is on board to star as Erik Lensherr aka Magneto in "X-Men: First Class". The actor, who had been reported being offered the lead role in the film, entered talks with 20th Century Fox two weeks ago and now the deal is done, The Hollywood Reporter states.
Fassbender will star opposite James McAvoy who has previously signed to play Charles Xavier aka Professor X. The studio is currently looking for actors to play other mutant characters as they are prepping to start shooting this August in London, England. Earlier this week casting director Mindy Marin left the project but she has been replaced by Joseph Middleton.
Matthew Vaughn is set to direct the film, which will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Xavier and Lensherr when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. Fox eyes June 3, 2011 U.S. release date for this action sci-fi.
Michael Fassbender stars in "Jonah Hex" which has been released on June 18 in the U.S. He also has roles in films such as "Inglourious Basterds" and "300", and will next appear in Neil Marshall's Roman action movie "Centurion", which is slated for U.S. limited release on August 27.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'