Confirmed, 'Criminal Minds' Brings Back A.J. Cook for Two Episodes
Fans of A.J. Cook can rejoice to a good, but not quite great, news about the actress' status on "Criminal Minds". The depicter of Jennifer Jareau aka JJ is confirmed to come back to the crime show for two episodes. This also means that there will be no permanent one because the return is meant for a closure.
CBS has not released an official word, but the news was shared by Cook herself. Announcing it through Twitter, the actress said, "Thanks for your undying support but it's a done deal. I'll be doing 2eps to wrap up JJ. Excited for what's next and hope you'll come along! XO".
It was previously reported that the show owes it to JJ's fans to put a lid on the character properly. Showrunner Ed Bernero allegedly was leaning towards the idea of having her back briefly especially since fans have been showing support by signing a petition and sending CBS headquarters lipsticks and file documents in the past few weeks.
The sixth season of "Criminal Minds" will soon go into production for a Fall premiere. Since JJ's departure is for creative reason, there will be a new character introduced.
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert