Michael Fassbender Reportedly Accepts Magneto Role in 'First Class'
Michael Fassbender was recently reported to have been offered two roles in different movies, "X-Men: First Class" and an untitled Spider-Man reboot. And now the actor has made a decision to take the role of Erik Lensherr aka Magneto in the film about the mutants, Showbiz411 claims.
If the news is true, Fassbender then will star opposite James McAvoy who has been tapped to play Charles Xavier, aka Professor X. The film itself will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Xavier and Lensherr when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.
"First Class" has Matthew Vaughn on board to helm the film when it starts production this summer. As of late, it was reported that Benjamin Walker has been cast as Beast, a large intellectually gifted blue mutant, in this action sci-fi which is slated for June 3, 2011 U.S. release.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'