Michael Fassbender Reportedly Accepts Magneto Role in 'First Class'
Michael Fassbender was recently reported to have been offered two roles in different movies, "X-Men: First Class" and an untitled Spider-Man reboot. And now the actor has made a decision to take the role of Erik Lensherr aka Magneto in the film about the mutants, Showbiz411 claims.
If the news is true, Fassbender then will star opposite James McAvoy who has been tapped to play Charles Xavier, aka Professor X. The film itself will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Xavier and Lensherr when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.
"First Class" has Matthew Vaughn on board to helm the film when it starts production this summer. As of late, it was reported that Benjamin Walker has been cast as Beast, a large intellectually gifted blue mutant, in this action sci-fi which is slated for June 3, 2011 U.S. release.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny