Michael Fassbender Reportedly Accepts Magneto Role in 'First Class'
Michael Fassbender was recently reported to have been offered two roles in different movies, "X-Men: First Class" and an untitled Spider-Man reboot. And now the actor has made a decision to take the role of Erik Lensherr aka Magneto in the film about the mutants, Showbiz411 claims.
If the news is true, Fassbender then will star opposite James McAvoy who has been tapped to play Charles Xavier, aka Professor X. The film itself will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga and follow Xavier and Lensherr when they were still close friends who worked together with other Mutants to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known.
"First Class" has Matthew Vaughn on board to helm the film when it starts production this summer. As of late, it was reported that Benjamin Walker has been cast as Beast, a large intellectually gifted blue mutant, in this action sci-fi which is slated for June 3, 2011 U.S. release.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special