Lady GaGa Scores New Record in Download History
Lady GaGa becomes the first artist in digital history to have three songs top the 4 millions download mark, surpassing the achievement of fellow musicians Black Eyed Peas and Flo Rida who each had two songs topping the 4 millions mark. GaGa earns it from the digital sale of her hit singles "Poker Face", "Just Dance" and "Bad Romance".
Another artist who has impressive achievement is B.o.B. This rapper tops 2 millions mark with Hayley Williams-assisted single "Airplanes" this week. He reaches it in just 10 weeks of release, faster than any song since "Bad Romance" hit the mark in its 10th week in 2009.
Elsewhere on the Nielsen SoundScan list, Michael Jackson whose one-year death anniversary will be celebrated this Friday, June 25 rises from No. 47 to No. 18 on the list of best-selling artists in history.
More Lady GaGa News
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series