Lady GaGa Scores New Record in Download History
Lady GaGa becomes the first artist in digital history to have three songs top the 4 millions download mark, surpassing the achievement of fellow musicians Black Eyed Peas and Flo Rida who each had two songs topping the 4 millions mark. GaGa earns it from the digital sale of her hit singles "Poker Face", "Just Dance" and "Bad Romance".
Another artist who has impressive achievement is B.o.B. This rapper tops 2 millions mark with Hayley Williams-assisted single "Airplanes" this week. He reaches it in just 10 weeks of release, faster than any song since "Bad Romance" hit the mark in its 10th week in 2009.
Elsewhere on the Nielsen SoundScan list, Michael Jackson whose one-year death anniversary will be celebrated this Friday, June 25 rises from No. 47 to No. 18 on the list of best-selling artists in history.
More Lady GaGa News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy