Channing Tatum to Star in Sci-Fi Romantic Epic 'Ion'
Following the success of "Avatar", Fox is eying another sci-fi movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the studio through their label Fox 2000 Pictures is getting ready to pick up "Ion", which has Channing Tatum attached to star and a script by Will Dunn.
The story reportedly revolves around "a man who travels to different Earths and dimensions in order to find his reincarnated lover". And due to some similarities to the James Cameron's box office movie, "execs are using the magic word 'Avatar' to describe the scope and otherworldly elements of the script."
"Ion" was actually shopped around in 2009 but it was put back out in the marketplace, THR reports. However, post-"Avatar", the script generates bigger interest and siblings Ridley and Tony Scott are now set to produce it. Tatum will also join the board of producers alongside Reid Carolin via their newly formed 33andout company.
Channing Tatum is best known for playing Duke in "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" before starring in "Dear John" which has Amanda Seyfried as the leading lady. He is now in production for "Son of No One" with Katie Holmes, and is set to reprise his role in "G.I. Joe 2".
More Ion News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!