Channing Tatum to Star in Sci-Fi Romantic Epic 'Ion'
Following the success of "Avatar", Fox is eying another sci-fi movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the studio through their label Fox 2000 Pictures is getting ready to pick up "Ion", which has Channing Tatum attached to star and a script by Will Dunn.
The story reportedly revolves around "a man who travels to different Earths and dimensions in order to find his reincarnated lover". And due to some similarities to the James Cameron's box office movie, "execs are using the magic word 'Avatar' to describe the scope and otherworldly elements of the script."
"Ion" was actually shopped around in 2009 but it was put back out in the marketplace, THR reports. However, post-"Avatar", the script generates bigger interest and siblings Ridley and Tony Scott are now set to produce it. Tatum will also join the board of producers alongside Reid Carolin via their newly formed 33andout company.
Channing Tatum is best known for playing Duke in "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" before starring in "Dear John" which has Amanda Seyfried as the leading lady. He is now in production for "Son of No One" with Katie Holmes, and is set to reprise his role in "G.I. Joe 2".
More Ion News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage