Channing Tatum to Star in Sci-Fi Romantic Epic 'Ion'
Following the success of "Avatar", Fox is eying another sci-fi movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the studio through their label Fox 2000 Pictures is getting ready to pick up "Ion", which has Channing Tatum attached to star and a script by Will Dunn.
The story reportedly revolves around "a man who travels to different Earths and dimensions in order to find his reincarnated lover". And due to some similarities to the James Cameron's box office movie, "execs are using the magic word 'Avatar' to describe the scope and otherworldly elements of the script."
"Ion" was actually shopped around in 2009 but it was put back out in the marketplace, THR reports. However, post-"Avatar", the script generates bigger interest and siblings Ridley and Tony Scott are now set to produce it. Tatum will also join the board of producers alongside Reid Carolin via their newly formed 33andout company.
Channing Tatum is best known for playing Duke in "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" before starring in "Dear John" which has Amanda Seyfried as the leading lady. He is now in production for "Son of No One" with Katie Holmes, and is set to reprise his role in "G.I. Joe 2".
More Ion News
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family