Piers Morgan Weds Columnist Fiancee in London
"America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan is now a married man. The 45-year-old TV personality wed his British columnist fiancee Celia Walden, whom he had dated for four years, in a quiet ceremony in London on Thursday, June 24.
Morgan's fellow "Britain's Got Talent" judges, Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden, couldn't make it to the wedding, Us Magazine reported. However, Holden has sent her big wishes for the newly married couple. On the same day, she wrote on her Twitter page, "Piers got married today!! I could not be happier for my lovely friend!! Celia his wife is fabulous! Big party for us lot very soon xx."
Piers Morgan proposed to Celia Walden in December 2009. The former editor of News of the World first announced his engagement during his appearance on "Today" show in early January. "I had an amazing holiday. I did many crazy things. I got engaged," he revealed, then joking "I know what you're all thinking, 'How lucky is she?' Right?"
On the proposal itself, Morgan said that he handed Walden a 1976 novel called "Marry Me" during a romantic getaway on her birthday. He shared, "It's her birthday. Took her to Paris for the weekend. Gave her the present. She opens the present. It's a first edition of 'Marry Me' by her favorite author. There were tears."
More America's Got Talent News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed