Piers Morgan Weds Columnist Fiancee in London
"America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan is now a married man. The 45-year-old TV personality wed his British columnist fiancee Celia Walden, whom he had dated for four years, in a quiet ceremony in London on Thursday, June 24.
Morgan's fellow "Britain's Got Talent" judges, Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden, couldn't make it to the wedding, Us Magazine reported. However, Holden has sent her big wishes for the newly married couple. On the same day, she wrote on her Twitter page, "Piers got married today!! I could not be happier for my lovely friend!! Celia his wife is fabulous! Big party for us lot very soon xx."
Piers Morgan proposed to Celia Walden in December 2009. The former editor of News of the World first announced his engagement during his appearance on "Today" show in early January. "I had an amazing holiday. I did many crazy things. I got engaged," he revealed, then joking "I know what you're all thinking, 'How lucky is she?' Right?"
On the proposal itself, Morgan said that he handed Walden a 1976 novel called "Marry Me" during a romantic getaway on her birthday. He shared, "It's her birthday. Took her to Paris for the weekend. Gave her the present. She opens the present. It's a first edition of 'Marry Me' by her favorite author. There were tears."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie