'Mission: Impossible IV' Could Introduce Ethan Hunt's Protege
Paramount Pictures reportedly fears Tom Cruise's name could not lift up his upcoming movie "Mission: Impossible IV". According to Deadline Hollywood, the studio will be closely watching the performance of "Knight & Day" which also stars the 47-year-old actor and has been unleashed in the U.S. on June 23.
The site reports, if "Knight & Day" fails at Box Office, the studio might kill the upcoming movie "despite Cruise's action hero character". Though so, Paramount insiders inform that no decisions have been made yet.
However, the studio allegedly has many things to be considered before axing the project. Thus, as an alternative if they want to go ahead with the fourth "Mission: Impossible" film, the filmmakers reportedly will add a subplot that introduces a new, younger protege for Cruise's character, Ethan Hunt. Since it is still a rumored plan, there has been no word on who will portray the new character.
Paramount has tapped Brad Bird to serve as director for "Mission: Impossible IV" with J.J. Abrams producing alongside Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner. Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec, meanwhile, are slated to write the screenplay. This action movie has been given a release date of December 16, 2011, pushed back from the old slot of May 27 in the same year.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'