'Mission: Impossible IV' Could Introduce Ethan Hunt's Protege
Paramount Pictures reportedly fears Tom Cruise's name could not lift up his upcoming movie "Mission: Impossible IV". According to Deadline Hollywood, the studio will be closely watching the performance of "Knight & Day" which also stars the 47-year-old actor and has been unleashed in the U.S. on June 23.
The site reports, if "Knight & Day" fails at Box Office, the studio might kill the upcoming movie "despite Cruise's action hero character". Though so, Paramount insiders inform that no decisions have been made yet.
However, the studio allegedly has many things to be considered before axing the project. Thus, as an alternative if they want to go ahead with the fourth "Mission: Impossible" film, the filmmakers reportedly will add a subplot that introduces a new, younger protege for Cruise's character, Ethan Hunt. Since it is still a rumored plan, there has been no word on who will portray the new character.
Paramount has tapped Brad Bird to serve as director for "Mission: Impossible IV" with J.J. Abrams producing alongside Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner. Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec, meanwhile, are slated to write the screenplay. This action movie has been given a release date of December 16, 2011, pushed back from the old slot of May 27 in the same year.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names