Ryan Leslie Leaves Universal, Taking Jab at the Label in Concert
It is official, Ryan Leslie has parted ways with Universal Motown since last month. Although he didn't make formal announcement about the departure, the singer took a subtle jab at the label during a recent concert at New York City's Bowery Ballroom.
Before singing "Guardian Angel", one of the songs in his second album "Transition", at the June 23 gig, Ryan told the crowd, "I've always wanted to play these songs but I couldn't before." He added, "I always felt like this song should be a single."
Now that he is no longer in Universal, Ryan wants to release his next studio album "Less Is More" independently. "I saw that as a window to potentially branch off and try something that was going to be new and dynamic," he told Billboard.
In addition to focusing on his own record, Ryan Leslie admitted that he has also been in studio, producing songs for the likes of Keri Hilson, Asher Roth, Ne-Yo, The Game, Lil Wayne and many more.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy