Ryan Leslie Leaves Universal, Taking Jab at the Label in Concert
It is official, Ryan Leslie has parted ways with Universal Motown since last month. Although he didn't make formal announcement about the departure, the singer took a subtle jab at the label during a recent concert at New York City's Bowery Ballroom.
Before singing "Guardian Angel", one of the songs in his second album "Transition", at the June 23 gig, Ryan told the crowd, "I've always wanted to play these songs but I couldn't before." He added, "I always felt like this song should be a single."
Now that he is no longer in Universal, Ryan wants to release his next studio album "Less Is More" independently. "I saw that as a window to potentially branch off and try something that was going to be new and dynamic," he told Billboard.
In addition to focusing on his own record, Ryan Leslie admitted that he has also been in studio, producing songs for the likes of Keri Hilson, Asher Roth, Ne-Yo, The Game, Lil Wayne and many more.
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer