Ryan Leslie Leaves Universal, Taking Jab at the Label in Concert
It is official, Ryan Leslie has parted ways with Universal Motown since last month. Although he didn't make formal announcement about the departure, the singer took a subtle jab at the label during a recent concert at New York City's Bowery Ballroom.
Before singing "Guardian Angel", one of the songs in his second album "Transition", at the June 23 gig, Ryan told the crowd, "I've always wanted to play these songs but I couldn't before." He added, "I always felt like this song should be a single."
Now that he is no longer in Universal, Ryan wants to release his next studio album "Less Is More" independently. "I saw that as a window to potentially branch off and try something that was going to be new and dynamic," he told Billboard.
In addition to focusing on his own record, Ryan Leslie admitted that he has also been in studio, producing songs for the likes of Keri Hilson, Asher Roth, Ne-Yo, The Game, Lil Wayne and many more.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'