Ryan Leslie Leaves Universal, Taking Jab at the Label in Concert
It is official, Ryan Leslie has parted ways with Universal Motown since last month. Although he didn't make formal announcement about the departure, the singer took a subtle jab at the label during a recent concert at New York City's Bowery Ballroom.
Before singing "Guardian Angel", one of the songs in his second album "Transition", at the June 23 gig, Ryan told the crowd, "I've always wanted to play these songs but I couldn't before." He added, "I always felt like this song should be a single."
Now that he is no longer in Universal, Ryan wants to release his next studio album "Less Is More" independently. "I saw that as a window to potentially branch off and try something that was going to be new and dynamic," he told Billboard.
In addition to focusing on his own record, Ryan Leslie admitted that he has also been in studio, producing songs for the likes of Keri Hilson, Asher Roth, Ne-Yo, The Game, Lil Wayne and many more.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers