Ryan Leslie Leaves Universal, Taking Jab at the Label in Concert
It is official, Ryan Leslie has parted ways with Universal Motown since last month. Although he didn't make formal announcement about the departure, the singer took a subtle jab at the label during a recent concert at New York City's Bowery Ballroom.
Before singing "Guardian Angel", one of the songs in his second album "Transition", at the June 23 gig, Ryan told the crowd, "I've always wanted to play these songs but I couldn't before." He added, "I always felt like this song should be a single."
Now that he is no longer in Universal, Ryan wants to release his next studio album "Less Is More" independently. "I saw that as a window to potentially branch off and try something that was going to be new and dynamic," he told Billboard.
In addition to focusing on his own record, Ryan Leslie admitted that he has also been in studio, producing songs for the likes of Keri Hilson, Asher Roth, Ne-Yo, The Game, Lil Wayne and many more.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!