Steve Carell's Gru Invades Amusement Park in First 'Despicable Me' Clip
Universal Pictures has brought forward the first clip for "Despicable Me", highlighting Gru who has to be a father to three orphaned girls. It sees the world's #2 villain taking the kids to an amusement park, where Gru shows his threatening side when the kids are treated unfairly by a man who runs a game.
In a black house in a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences and flowering rose bushes, there lives Gru who plans to outwit world's #1 supervillain Vector by stealing the moon. Surrounded by a small army of minions and armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays, and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way.
That is until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad. Now, the world's greatest villain is faced with his greatest challenge, three little girls named Margo, Edith and Agnes.
Steve Carell voices Gru, joined by other voice cast such as Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Danny McBride, Will Arnett, Julie Andrews and Kristen Wiig. Directed by Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin, this family animation will hit 3-D theaters in the U.S. on July 9.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding