Steve Carell's Gru Invades Amusement Park in First 'Despicable Me' Clip
Universal Pictures has brought forward the first clip for "Despicable Me", highlighting Gru who has to be a father to three orphaned girls. It sees the world's #2 villain taking the kids to an amusement park, where Gru shows his threatening side when the kids are treated unfairly by a man who runs a game.
In a black house in a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences and flowering rose bushes, there lives Gru who plans to outwit world's #1 supervillain Vector by stealing the moon. Surrounded by a small army of minions and armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays, and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way.
That is until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad. Now, the world's greatest villain is faced with his greatest challenge, three little girls named Margo, Edith and Agnes.
Steve Carell voices Gru, joined by other voice cast such as Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Danny McBride, Will Arnett, Julie Andrews and Kristen Wiig. Directed by Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin, this family animation will hit 3-D theaters in the U.S. on July 9.
More Despicable Me News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy