Madame Tussauds Installs Michael Jackson Tribute Exhibit
Marking the one year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death on Friday, June 25, Madame Tussauds Wax Museums around the world are paying tribute to the King of Pop, USA Today reported. The Madame Tussauds Washington D.C., in the meantime, has shown off the wax figure in the attraction's lobby.
For the special Michael Jackson Tribute Exhibit, which will run from June 23 through July 7, make-up artist is seen touching up the wax figure and styling its hair. Fans are also seen posing with the singer figure and even trying to touch it.
"Madame Tussauds D.C. joins all nine Madame Tussauds attractions worldwide, from Shanghai to New York, in paying tribute to Jackson, whose untimely passing June 25 of last year shocked the world," the museums tourist attraction said in a news release on Tuesday, June 22.
The tourist attraction added, "Each attraction will create its own tribute exhibit. Madame Tussauds D.C.'s exhibit will be free to the public, so that Washingtonians and visiting passersby alike will have a chance to be close to the 'King of Pop' once again."
Also to pay tribute to Michael Jackson, the "Early Show" in New York City will hold a remembrance on Friday, June 25, Peace FM reported. The event will feature Christina Aguilera, Marc Anthony, LL Cool J, Smokey Robinson, and James Morrison.
More Michael Jackson News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?