Oscar-Winning Actors Circling Moriarty Role in 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
For a while, Professor Moriarty has been widely linked to Brad Pitt. However, latest report mentions that the "Inglourious Basterds" actor is not among the possible depicter of the villain in "Sherlock Holmes 2" as director Guy Ritchie is said wanting Daniel Day-Lewis to tackle the role.
Some sources who tell SuperHeroHype about the scoop additionally say that Sean Penn, Javier Bardem and Gary Oldman are also in consideration to play the new enemy of Sherlock Holmes. However, the site notes that this is an "unconfirmed rumor" since the project itself is still in the very early process.
Daniel Day-Lewis got an Oscar through his role in Paul Thomas Anderson's "There Will Be Blood" where he took a villainous role. Sean Penn is two-time Oscar winner for his performances in "Mystic River" and "Milk".
Meanwhile, Javier Bardem was named Best Supporting Actor in 2007 Academy Awards for "No Country for Old Men". As for Gary Oldman, though he has not grabbed an Oscar, the English actor has a good working relationship with Warner Bros. since he has appeared in "Batman Begins", "The Dark Knight" as well as "The Book of Eli".
"Sherlock Holmes 2" is scheduled for December 16, 2011 release in the U.S. Major cast Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law and Rachel McAdams are confirmed to return to the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel, which could be set in some countries outside England, such as Paris and Switzerland.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna