Kellie Pickler Is Engaged, Proposal Detail Revealed
Kellie Pickler has followed the footstep of fellow "American Idol" alum Carrie Underwood. The fifth season finalist of the FOX hit talent search was showered with happiness on June 15, the day she celebrated the birthday of her late grandmother, as her songwriter boyfriend Kyle Jacobs asked her hand in marriage.
Kellie, who revealed that June 15 has long been "sad and hard" for her, told People, "It turned out to be the most amazing day of my life." The 23-year-old beauty continued, "My whole world changed. We both feel like we got my grandmother's blessing."
"I remember saying to Kyle, 'Baby it's like I'm dreaming - but if this isn't real, I'm going to be very upset!'," Kellie further shared about how hard it was for her to realize that the moment was real. The "Red High Heels" singer also revealed that Kyle proposed to her on a Florida beach at sunset.
On the detail of the proposal itself, Kyle revealed that he arranged a blanket, champagne and candles to be waiting as he and Kellie strolled on the beach. He told the site, "Afterward, we just held each other and had the most beautiful prayer. We had a little champagne and talked and laughed and cried."
Meanwhile, Kellie, who was raised by her grandmother after her mother left and her father went to jail, admitted that Kyle has changed her perspective of a family. She stated, "Kyle took away all my fear of marriage and has shown me the way love is supposed to be."
"I'm in the happiest place I've ever been," Kellie added as now she is engaged to Kyle and has resumed her relationship with her father Clyde Pickler, who's been sober for a year. The country singer will have Clyde walk her down the aisle. On Wednesday, June 23, she wrote on her Twitter page, "Yes, it's true. Can't wait to say 'I DO!' "
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake