Kellie Pickler Is Engaged, Proposal Detail Revealed
Kellie Pickler has followed the footstep of fellow "American Idol" alum Carrie Underwood. The fifth season finalist of the FOX hit talent search was showered with happiness on June 15, the day she celebrated the birthday of her late grandmother, as her songwriter boyfriend Kyle Jacobs asked her hand in marriage.
Kellie, who revealed that June 15 has long been "sad and hard" for her, told People, "It turned out to be the most amazing day of my life." The 23-year-old beauty continued, "My whole world changed. We both feel like we got my grandmother's blessing."
"I remember saying to Kyle, 'Baby it's like I'm dreaming - but if this isn't real, I'm going to be very upset!'," Kellie further shared about how hard it was for her to realize that the moment was real. The "Red High Heels" singer also revealed that Kyle proposed to her on a Florida beach at sunset.
On the detail of the proposal itself, Kyle revealed that he arranged a blanket, champagne and candles to be waiting as he and Kellie strolled on the beach. He told the site, "Afterward, we just held each other and had the most beautiful prayer. We had a little champagne and talked and laughed and cried."
Meanwhile, Kellie, who was raised by her grandmother after her mother left and her father went to jail, admitted that Kyle has changed her perspective of a family. She stated, "Kyle took away all my fear of marriage and has shown me the way love is supposed to be."
"I'm in the happiest place I've ever been," Kellie added as now she is engaged to Kyle and has resumed her relationship with her father Clyde Pickler, who's been sober for a year. The country singer will have Clyde walk her down the aisle. On Wednesday, June 23, she wrote on her Twitter page, "Yes, it's true. Can't wait to say 'I DO!' "
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby