Helen Mirren Poses Topless for New York Magazine
Although she is now in her 60s, Helen Mirren has no doubt about shedding her clothes for camera. The "Raising Helen" actress has posed topless for New York Magazine as part of the Juergen Teller shoot to publicize her latest role as a brothel madam in an upcoming movie "Love Ranch", a film which is directed by her husband Taylor Hackford.
In one shot, Helen Mirren is seen showing lots of skin as she sits in a bath while holding a paper cup. Another photo, additionally, shows the Oscar-winning star lying back in the bathtub with water covering her body but her breasts still can be seen.
During an interview with the magazine, Mirren spoke out about her bad girl potential. "I'm still the good girl who wants to be a bad girl. But I'll never make it as a bad girl," she said. "I'm not a prude or a moralist and I never have been, but I'm too fearful, too much of a wimp, really."
Meanwhile, when asked about using her sexuality to advance her early career, Mirren answered, "The Playboy Mansion, coke, and the rise of all that - Guccione and Hefner always pushed it as liberation, but it didn't seem like that to me. That was women obeying the sexualized form created by men."
"Though maybe we always do that, because we want to be attractive. But I was kind of a trailblazer because I demanded to do it my own way," Mirren added. "I'd say, 'I'm not having it put on me by someone else.' I didn't want to be the sort of puritanical good girl with a little white collar who says, 'Don't shag until you get married'."
In "Love Ranch", Helen Mirren portrays Grace Botempo, the madam of the real Mustang Ranch, a popular '70 whorehouse in Reno, Nevada. The big screen project, which also features Joe Pesci, Gina Gershon, Bryan Cranston and Sergio Peris-Mencheta, is set to be released in limited U.S. theaters on June 30.
More Helen Mirren News
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'