'Footloose' Announces the Cast, Kenny Wormald Replaces Chace Crawford
Paramount Pictures has finally found acting talents to support "Footloose". On Tuesday, June 22, the studio issues a press release to announce the leading cast members of the upcoming musical. It is stated that after "an extensive worldwide search", newcomer Kenny Wormald is chosen to play the coveted role of Ren McCormack.
Wormald is a professional dancer who has appeared in music videos for some big stars such as Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Chris Brown and Nelly Furtado. Best known for his appearances in MTV show "Dancelife" and his starring role in "Center Stage: Turn It Up", the Boston native has also starred in "You Got Served" and "Clerks 2".
In "Footloose", he will play alongside Julianne Hough, who has been previously tapped to portray the major female character named Ariel. Beside Wormald, Dennis Quaid and Miles Teller also join the cast ensemble. The former will portray antagonist character of Reverend Moore while the latter is cast as Willard.
Craig Brewer is on board to direct the remake of the 1984 film in addition to serving behind the lens. It will see choreography from Jamal Sims, who recently worked with Madonna on her Sticky & Sweet Tour. Dean Pitchford, who wrote the screenplay and songs for the original movie, will executive produce, with Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Brad Weston and Dylan Sellers producing.
The story of the original film follows Ren McCormack who moves from Chicago to a small town, where dancing and rock music are banned. Ren then proceeds to shake everything up when he and his classmates want to have a senior prom with music and dancing. Zac Efron was initially cast as the lead actor, but he backed out. Chace Crawford was later set to take the role before he also dropped out of the project.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy