'Footloose' Announces the Cast, Kenny Wormald Replaces Chace Crawford
Paramount Pictures has finally found acting talents to support "Footloose". On Tuesday, June 22, the studio issues a press release to announce the leading cast members of the upcoming musical. It is stated that after "an extensive worldwide search", newcomer Kenny Wormald is chosen to play the coveted role of Ren McCormack.
Wormald is a professional dancer who has appeared in music videos for some big stars such as Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Chris Brown and Nelly Furtado. Best known for his appearances in MTV show "Dancelife" and his starring role in "Center Stage: Turn It Up", the Boston native has also starred in "You Got Served" and "Clerks 2".
In "Footloose", he will play alongside Julianne Hough, who has been previously tapped to portray the major female character named Ariel. Beside Wormald, Dennis Quaid and Miles Teller also join the cast ensemble. The former will portray antagonist character of Reverend Moore while the latter is cast as Willard.
Craig Brewer is on board to direct the remake of the 1984 film in addition to serving behind the lens. It will see choreography from Jamal Sims, who recently worked with Madonna on her Sticky & Sweet Tour. Dean Pitchford, who wrote the screenplay and songs for the original movie, will executive produce, with Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, Brad Weston and Dylan Sellers producing.
The story of the original film follows Ren McCormack who moves from Chicago to a small town, where dancing and rock music are banned. Ren then proceeds to shake everything up when he and his classmates want to have a senior prom with music and dancing. Zac Efron was initially cast as the lead actor, but he backed out. Chace Crawford was later set to take the role before he also dropped out of the project.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner