Elena Faces Off Katherine in 'Vampire Diaries' Season 2
There will be a showdown between Nina Dobrev and Nina Dobrev, literally. The actress portrays two characters at the same time on "The Vampire Diaries", the main heroine Elena and the show's villain Katherine. These two characters will finally meet "face to face" in the Fall season.
"I can't talk much about it yet," said executive producer Julie Plec to TV Guide, "but one of the big surprises is that Katherine comes face to face with Elena." The double role proves to be a challenge for Dobrev. She said, "It will be difficult because a lot of acting is reacting to the other person, but it'll be fun to step out of my comfort zone."
Katherine, a vampire whom everyone thought was dead, made her dramatic return to Mystic Falls at the end of the first season. She would particularly stir up something within Ian Somerhalder's Damon who has been separated from her for centuries.
Somerhalder himself admitted that he has to juggle two different personas while Katherine is present. "Damon, with Katherine, is this youthful wide-eyed fun guy who is so intrigued by her - so different from the maniacal, more mature Damon you see with Elena," he said.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie