Elena Faces Off Katherine in 'Vampire Diaries' Season 2
There will be a showdown between Nina Dobrev and Nina Dobrev, literally. The actress portrays two characters at the same time on "The Vampire Diaries", the main heroine Elena and the show's villain Katherine. These two characters will finally meet "face to face" in the Fall season.
"I can't talk much about it yet," said executive producer Julie Plec to TV Guide, "but one of the big surprises is that Katherine comes face to face with Elena." The double role proves to be a challenge for Dobrev. She said, "It will be difficult because a lot of acting is reacting to the other person, but it'll be fun to step out of my comfort zone."
Katherine, a vampire whom everyone thought was dead, made her dramatic return to Mystic Falls at the end of the first season. She would particularly stir up something within Ian Somerhalder's Damon who has been separated from her for centuries.
Somerhalder himself admitted that he has to juggle two different personas while Katherine is present. "Damon, with Katherine, is this youthful wide-eyed fun guy who is so intrigued by her - so different from the maniacal, more mature Damon you see with Elena," he said.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch