'American Idol' Lowers Age Limit, Announces Audition Dates
Perhaps it was the living proof of Justin Bieber, but "American Idol" producers have decided that they should lower the age limit for those who are willing to enter the competition. If in the past nine years they want 16 year olds to start auditioning, they now admit 15 year olds.
"A lot of young, talented people are now seeking careers and representation before they turn 16," said Cecile Frot-Coutaz, executive producer of the singing competition show. "Lowering the age limit allows us to tap into this talent pool."
"Idol" has had youngsters going through the big stage in the past years, naming some are David Archuleta, Aaron Kelly and Katie Stevens. The top limit for contestants remains fixed at 28 years old.
Audition for the tenth season will be held in six cities across the U.S. beginning Saturday, July 17. Although the scouting will be held less than a month away, FOX has not announced who will replace Simon Cowell in the judging panel.
- Nashville, TN - Sat, July 17 - Bridgestone Arena
- Milwaukee, WI - Wed, July 21 - Bradley Center
- New Orleans, LA - Mon, July 26 - TBA
- East Rutherford, NJ - Tues, Aug. 3 - IZOD Center
- Austin, TX - Wed, Aug. 11 - Frank Erwin Center
- San Francisco, CA - Thu, Aug. 19 - AT&T Park
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video