'American Idol' Lowers Age Limit, Announces Audition Dates
Perhaps it was the living proof of Justin Bieber, but "American Idol" producers have decided that they should lower the age limit for those who are willing to enter the competition. If in the past nine years they want 16 year olds to start auditioning, they now admit 15 year olds.
"A lot of young, talented people are now seeking careers and representation before they turn 16," said Cecile Frot-Coutaz, executive producer of the singing competition show. "Lowering the age limit allows us to tap into this talent pool."
"Idol" has had youngsters going through the big stage in the past years, naming some are David Archuleta, Aaron Kelly and Katie Stevens. The top limit for contestants remains fixed at 28 years old.
Audition for the tenth season will be held in six cities across the U.S. beginning Saturday, July 17. Although the scouting will be held less than a month away, FOX has not announced who will replace Simon Cowell in the judging panel.
- Nashville, TN - Sat, July 17 - Bridgestone Arena
- Milwaukee, WI - Wed, July 21 - Bradley Center
- New Orleans, LA - Mon, July 26 - TBA
- East Rutherford, NJ - Tues, Aug. 3 - IZOD Center
- Austin, TX - Wed, Aug. 11 - Frank Erwin Center
- San Francisco, CA - Thu, Aug. 19 - AT&T Park
More American Idol News
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities