Robert Downey Jr. Confirms He Is Up for 'Oz the Great and Powerful'
On Saturday, June 19, Robert Downey Jr. has attended the Gene Siskel Film Center's annual benefit to accept a Renaissance Award. During the event held at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago, he was asked about "Oz the Great and Powerful" in which he is reported to star.
Responding to the question, he said that he "might" be on board the "Wizard of Oz" prequel. "Now Sam Raimi looks like he's going to be at helm of it," Downey additionally stated, confirming the involvement of the "Spider-Man" trilogy helmer in the upcoming 3-D movie. "My management firm says it might be a go. I'll hook up with Sam and see what he thinks."
"Oz the Great and Powerful" is based on the Oz books written by L. Frank Baum. The movie will follow Oz's life before he was a wizard, back when he was just a circus performer from Omaha. Mitchell Kapner has written the script for the movie, but it is reported to be rewritten.
Robert Downey Jr., who received the Renaissance Award because he is "one of the most respected and versatile actors of his generation", is set to star in Todd Phillips' "Due Date". "It's the second greatest story ever told. It's kind of my favorite thing I've ever done - hate to say it," the 45-year-old actor gushed about the movie, before adding "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'