Robert Downey Jr. Confirms He Is Up for 'Oz the Great and Powerful'
On Saturday, June 19, Robert Downey Jr. has attended the Gene Siskel Film Center's annual benefit to accept a Renaissance Award. During the event held at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago, he was asked about "Oz the Great and Powerful" in which he is reported to star.
Responding to the question, he said that he "might" be on board the "Wizard of Oz" prequel. "Now Sam Raimi looks like he's going to be at helm of it," Downey additionally stated, confirming the involvement of the "Spider-Man" trilogy helmer in the upcoming 3-D movie. "My management firm says it might be a go. I'll hook up with Sam and see what he thinks."
"Oz the Great and Powerful" is based on the Oz books written by L. Frank Baum. The movie will follow Oz's life before he was a wizard, back when he was just a circus performer from Omaha. Mitchell Kapner has written the script for the movie, but it is reported to be rewritten.
Robert Downey Jr., who received the Renaissance Award because he is "one of the most respected and versatile actors of his generation", is set to star in Todd Phillips' "Due Date". "It's the second greatest story ever told. It's kind of my favorite thing I've ever done - hate to say it," the 45-year-old actor gushed about the movie, before adding "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings."
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot