Robert Downey Jr. Confirms He Is Up for 'Oz the Great and Powerful'
On Saturday, June 19, Robert Downey Jr. has attended the Gene Siskel Film Center's annual benefit to accept a Renaissance Award. During the event held at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago, he was asked about "Oz the Great and Powerful" in which he is reported to star.
Responding to the question, he said that he "might" be on board the "Wizard of Oz" prequel. "Now Sam Raimi looks like he's going to be at helm of it," Downey additionally stated, confirming the involvement of the "Spider-Man" trilogy helmer in the upcoming 3-D movie. "My management firm says it might be a go. I'll hook up with Sam and see what he thinks."
"Oz the Great and Powerful" is based on the Oz books written by L. Frank Baum. The movie will follow Oz's life before he was a wizard, back when he was just a circus performer from Omaha. Mitchell Kapner has written the script for the movie, but it is reported to be rewritten.
Robert Downey Jr., who received the Renaissance Award because he is "one of the most respected and versatile actors of his generation", is set to star in Todd Phillips' "Due Date". "It's the second greatest story ever told. It's kind of my favorite thing I've ever done - hate to say it," the 45-year-old actor gushed about the movie, before adding "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings."
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory