2010 MuchMusic Awards: Justin Bieber and Jonas Brothers Among Early Winners
Fresh from walking the red carpet and posing for photographers outside the the MuchMusic headquarters in Toronto, celebrities went straight inside the venue to witness the winners of the Sunday, June 20 celebration. The prize-giving event was kicked off by a live performance from co-host Miley Cyrus with "Party in the U.S.A."
Justin Bieber won the first award of the evening for International Video of the Year by a Canadian, a category where he received double nominations, "One Time" and "Baby". The one which earned him the prize is a video for Ludacris-assisted single and he beat the likes of Avril Lavigne and Drake. "It's my first award, and to happen in Canada is just amazing," he said on stage before giving a Happy Father Day shout-out to his dad.
Though losing International Video of the Year by a Canadian to Justin, Drake managed to walk home with a trophy for MuchVibe Hip Hop Video of the Year, thanks to his "Successful" clip which features Trey Songz. Additionally, the video was also awarded Cinematography of the Year, winning over other videos from Hedley, Alexisonfire, Belly and Danny Fernandes.
Other early winners included Jonas Brothers' "Paranoid" as International Video of the Year - Group, the young artists for Haiti version of K'naan's "Wavin' Flag" as Most Watched Video, Belly's "Hot Girl" featuring Snoop Dogg as MuchFact Indie Video of the Year, Michael Maxxis as Director of the Year for his work in Billy Talent's "Saint Veronika" and Hedley's "Perfect" as Post-Production of the Year.
More Justin Bieber News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones