Lady GaGa Joins BP Boycott Group, Justin Bieber Up for Gulf Aid Telethon
A-list artists, ranging from Grammy-winning superstar Lady GaGa to Canadian teen pop idol Justin Bieber, have joined growing group of protesters against British Petroleum which caused massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. GaGa refused to use BP oil for her tour bus, while Bieber will appear in "Larry King Live" special telethon to help the oil spill victims.
The boycott group was initiated by Korn and already have Creed and Backstreet Boys joining them in addition to GaGa. "We need to do our part to let BP know there are consequences for causing something like this. We want to send a message to corporations like BP so that they will take more preventative measures in the future," frontman Jonathan Davis said.
Bieber, meanwhile, is going to be joined by Cameron Diaz, Robert Redford, Kathy Griffin and Sting. Aired Monday night, June 21 at 8 P.M. EDT (midnight GMT), the gig will feature the guest stars sitting down with Larry King for interview and taking viewers calls and donations at the phone banks.
Additionally, Sting will make a special performance and Ryan Seacrest will host a special "Social Suite" on such social networks as Facebook and Twitter. People can participate online to raise awareness of what people can do to help victims of this massive oil spill.
"The Gulf oil spill is a disaster both national and natural in scope, and the point of this effort is to get immediate relief to the people and Wildlife who are in urgent need," King said in a statement released by CNN. "The telethon's proceeds go directly to the relief organizations who are working on the frontlines to do just that."
The proceed from this telethon will benefit United Way, The National Wildlife Federation and The Nature Conservancy, organizations working directly with the families, individuals and Wildlife affected by the Gulf oil spill.
More Lady GaGa News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama