Cast of Steven Spielberg's Epic Drama 'War Horse' Announced
A slew of internationally diverse cast will join "War Horse" filming in U.K. this August. Emily Watson, Peter Mullan, Jeremy Irvine, David Thewlis and Benedict Cumberbatch have all been confirmed by Empire Online to back up the war drama movie produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg.
The movie particularly draws interest since it would be Spielberg's first movie to debut in wide screen after the 2008 "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Also, it will have the similar tone to the 1987 film "Empire of the Sun" which propelled Christian Bale's career as a child actor and garnered 6 Oscar nominations.
"War Horse", which is based on Michael Morpurgo's novel, is set in 1914 and centers on Joey, a beautiful bay-red foal with a distinctive cross on his nose that is sold to the army and thrust into the midst of the war on the Western Front. Irvine, whose credits only goes as far as one TV series, will play his young owner while Watson and Mullan take part as his parents.
Other actors who have passed the audition are Niels Arestrup, Celine Buckens, Nicolas Bro, David Kross, Leonard Carow, Rainer Bock, Robert Emms and Patrick Kennedy. Still in talks to join the project are Tom Hiddleston and Stephen Graham.
With production kicked off this Fall, Spielberg aims to release it on August 10, 2011 in U.S.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos