Cast of Steven Spielberg's Epic Drama 'War Horse' Announced
A slew of internationally diverse cast will join "War Horse" filming in U.K. this August. Emily Watson, Peter Mullan, Jeremy Irvine, David Thewlis and Benedict Cumberbatch have all been confirmed by Empire Online to back up the war drama movie produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg.
The movie particularly draws interest since it would be Spielberg's first movie to debut in wide screen after the 2008 "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Also, it will have the similar tone to the 1987 film "Empire of the Sun" which propelled Christian Bale's career as a child actor and garnered 6 Oscar nominations.
"War Horse", which is based on Michael Morpurgo's novel, is set in 1914 and centers on Joey, a beautiful bay-red foal with a distinctive cross on his nose that is sold to the army and thrust into the midst of the war on the Western Front. Irvine, whose credits only goes as far as one TV series, will play his young owner while Watson and Mullan take part as his parents.
Other actors who have passed the audition are Niels Arestrup, Celine Buckens, Nicolas Bro, David Kross, Leonard Carow, Rainer Bock, Robert Emms and Patrick Kennedy. Still in talks to join the project are Tom Hiddleston and Stephen Graham.
With production kicked off this Fall, Spielberg aims to release it on August 10, 2011 in U.S.
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November