Sam Worthington May Get Tangled in Love Triangle in 'This Means War'
Sam Worthington has been offered a lead role in 20th Century Fox's action comedy "This Means War". According to New York Magazine's Vulture, the 33-year-old actor is in talks to star opposite Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine.
If the deal is sealed, Worthington is likely to be seen playing a best friend of Pine's character. The two, however, fall for the same girl played by Witherspoon and wage black-ops warfare on each other. No exact release date is set for the project, which was first proposed in 1998.
The site additionally reports that Worthington is considering another project, "Man on a Ledge". In the upcoming Summit Entertainment's movie, he would play "an ex-cop threatening to jump to his death from a Manhattan hotel rooftop; unbeknownst to the police psychologists brought in to talk him down, the 'suicide attempt' is a cover for the biggest diamond heist ever attempted."
If Worthington picks "Man on a Ledge" over "This Means War", Fox may offer the role to Colin Farrell, Vulture claims.
In the meantime, after starring in "Avatar" and "Clash of the Titans", Worthington will be seen in "Last Night" and "The Debt" which are both slated to arrive this year. He is additionally on board to take the lead roles in "The Fields" and "Dracula Year Zero".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding