Sam Worthington May Get Tangled in Love Triangle in 'This Means War'
Sam Worthington has been offered a lead role in 20th Century Fox's action comedy "This Means War". According to New York Magazine's Vulture, the 33-year-old actor is in talks to star opposite Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine.
If the deal is sealed, Worthington is likely to be seen playing a best friend of Pine's character. The two, however, fall for the same girl played by Witherspoon and wage black-ops warfare on each other. No exact release date is set for the project, which was first proposed in 1998.
The site additionally reports that Worthington is considering another project, "Man on a Ledge". In the upcoming Summit Entertainment's movie, he would play "an ex-cop threatening to jump to his death from a Manhattan hotel rooftop; unbeknownst to the police psychologists brought in to talk him down, the 'suicide attempt' is a cover for the biggest diamond heist ever attempted."
If Worthington picks "Man on a Ledge" over "This Means War", Fox may offer the role to Colin Farrell, Vulture claims.
In the meantime, after starring in "Avatar" and "Clash of the Titans", Worthington will be seen in "Last Night" and "The Debt" which are both slated to arrive this year. He is additionally on board to take the lead roles in "The Fields" and "Dracula Year Zero".
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic