Coming to 'Glee': Justin Timberlake and Leona Lewis
When "Glee" co-creator Ian Brennan said that for the next season they are "bringing in several new awesome characters", he may possibly be talking about Justin Timberlake and Leona Lewis. These two crooners reportedly are tapped to make a cameo appearance in the second season although FOX has not yet confirmed it.
Timberlake, which has been in the show's wish list for so long, allegedly will play a character instead of himself. Due to his resemblance to the show's star Matthew Morrison, Timberlake is touted to play his younger brother. The producers have once successfully convinced Idina Menzel to play Lea Michele's mom because of their resemblance.
"There is more than a little resemblance between Justin and Matthew Morrison who plays Mr Schuester, so the plan to bring Justin in for a cameo as his younger brother is a very popular idea. They are just trying to work it all out at the moment," a source of Absolute Now claimed.
"The cast members are very excited about the prospect of working with him - especially Lea Michele, so it has everybody's seal of approval. They just need to work it all out now. The idea is that he will be a substitute teacher and join the glee club for a week," the insider added.
Meanwhile, little is known about Lewis' role in the series. The British singer's casting was first reported by Mirror.co.uk, but Brennan said "no comment" with a smile when The Globe and Mail asked about it. He noted that "Glee" received a lot of requests from celebrities who want to be in the show but they can't all be accommodated. "You don't want it to be 'The Love Boat'," he said.
More Glee News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce