Coming to 'Glee': Justin Timberlake and Leona Lewis
When "Glee" co-creator Ian Brennan said that for the next season they are "bringing in several new awesome characters", he may possibly be talking about Justin Timberlake and Leona Lewis. These two crooners reportedly are tapped to make a cameo appearance in the second season although FOX has not yet confirmed it.
Timberlake, which has been in the show's wish list for so long, allegedly will play a character instead of himself. Due to his resemblance to the show's star Matthew Morrison, Timberlake is touted to play his younger brother. The producers have once successfully convinced Idina Menzel to play Lea Michele's mom because of their resemblance.
"There is more than a little resemblance between Justin and Matthew Morrison who plays Mr Schuester, so the plan to bring Justin in for a cameo as his younger brother is a very popular idea. They are just trying to work it all out at the moment," a source of Absolute Now claimed.
"The cast members are very excited about the prospect of working with him - especially Lea Michele, so it has everybody's seal of approval. They just need to work it all out now. The idea is that he will be a substitute teacher and join the glee club for a week," the insider added.
Meanwhile, little is known about Lewis' role in the series. The British singer's casting was first reported by Mirror.co.uk, but Brennan said "no comment" with a smile when The Globe and Mail asked about it. He noted that "Glee" received a lot of requests from celebrities who want to be in the show but they can't all be accommodated. "You don't want it to be 'The Love Boat'," he said.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama