Chris Klein Released From Jail Following Arrest for Allegedly DUI
"American Pie" actor Chris Klein has left Van Nuys Jail on Wednesday afternoon, June 16 following his arrest at 3.15 A.M. for allegedly driving under the influence. Klein was allowed to leave the jail after a bail bondsman, the same man who helped Lindsay Lohan over her SCRAM bracelet violation on June 8, posted $25,000, E! Online reported.
Klein was arrested on the 101 Freeway in Los Angeles early that day and he was driving solo during the arrest. Inside the vehicle, cops found a dog, which was later retrieved by a friend of the star. A rep for the California Highway Patrol told the site that the 31-year-old actor's blood alcohol level was almost three times the legal limit, which is .08 percent in California.
Klein could face a minimum of four days in jail if convicted of a second DUI because of his history of driving drunk in 2004 when he was arrested and charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI. And four-day jail stint is apparently not the only thing Klein might face.
A new law that takes effect in July requires a multiple offender to use an "ignition interlock system" installed in their vehicle if they wish to drive. The system is essentially a breathalyzer test that's synced up to the car and if he doesn't sober, the car won't start.
During his DUI arrest in 2004, Chris Klein pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor drunk-driving charge. He was later fined $1,800 and ordered to perform 150 hours of community service.
Chris Klein Leaving Van Nuys Jail:
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3