Stan Lee Wants Leonardo DiCaprio to Portray Superhero
After some Marvel Comics were turned into big screen projects, many stars such as Tobey Maguire and Robert Downey Jr. have had their chances to portray superheroes. But the comic books' creator, Stan Lee, has one actor whom he wants to see slipping into a superhero costume, proposing Leonardo DiCaprio's name.
"I want Leo. Leo DiCaprio should be a superhero," the 87-year-old told Hollywood Life when met at Activision E-3's concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on June 14. Adamant on his wish, Lee added, "Leo needs to be a superhero."
DiCaprio, in fact, was briefly rumored to play of Captain America in "Captain America: The First Avenger". However, the report did not turn out to be true since Chris Evans is the one who is lucky to get the role in the upcoming movie, which is aimed for July 22, 2011 release in the U.S.
Meanwhile, the 35-year-old actor has starred in Oscar-nominated movie "Blood Diamond", as well as several Oscar-winning movies, including "Titanic", "The Aviator", "The Departed" and "Revolutionary Road". DiCaprio has wrapped Christopher Nolan's "Inception" which is due in the U.S. on July 16.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World