Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman Are Hemingway and Gellhorn
Both Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman have agreed to team up as husband and wife in HBO's new original "Hemingway & Gellhorn". These actors will tackle the title roles, Ernest Hemingway and his third wife Martha Gellhorn in a project that took James Gandofini six years to finally get a starter kick.
Based on the report by Deadline, HBO gave its green light to the original TV movie which will be produced by Gandolfini himself. Philip Kaufman, who directed Oscar-nominated movie "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" will take the directing job with a script provided by "Pollock" writer Barbara Turner and "Bad Boys II" scribe Jerry Stahl.
It is still unclear how the two greatest poets the world has would be portrayed on the screen. Historically, Hemingway met Gellhorn in 1936 when he was still living with his second wife Pauline Pfeiffer. They got married in 1940 but they spent the time mostly away from each other as Gellhorn preferred to travel and cover the latest news on wars.
There is no production date yet on "Hemingway & Gellhorn". Owen is due to film "Intruders" this summer while Kidman is hooked to "Rabbit Hole".
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle