Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman Are Hemingway and Gellhorn
Both Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman have agreed to team up as husband and wife in HBO's new original "Hemingway & Gellhorn". These actors will tackle the title roles, Ernest Hemingway and his third wife Martha Gellhorn in a project that took James Gandofini six years to finally get a starter kick.
Based on the report by Deadline, HBO gave its green light to the original TV movie which will be produced by Gandolfini himself. Philip Kaufman, who directed Oscar-nominated movie "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" will take the directing job with a script provided by "Pollock" writer Barbara Turner and "Bad Boys II" scribe Jerry Stahl.
It is still unclear how the two greatest poets the world has would be portrayed on the screen. Historically, Hemingway met Gellhorn in 1936 when he was still living with his second wife Pauline Pfeiffer. They got married in 1940 but they spent the time mostly away from each other as Gellhorn preferred to travel and cover the latest news on wars.
There is no production date yet on "Hemingway & Gellhorn". Owen is due to film "Intruders" this summer while Kidman is hooked to "Rabbit Hole".
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub