Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman Are Hemingway and Gellhorn
Both Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman have agreed to team up as husband and wife in HBO's new original "Hemingway & Gellhorn". These actors will tackle the title roles, Ernest Hemingway and his third wife Martha Gellhorn in a project that took James Gandofini six years to finally get a starter kick.
Based on the report by Deadline, HBO gave its green light to the original TV movie which will be produced by Gandolfini himself. Philip Kaufman, who directed Oscar-nominated movie "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" will take the directing job with a script provided by "Pollock" writer Barbara Turner and "Bad Boys II" scribe Jerry Stahl.
It is still unclear how the two greatest poets the world has would be portrayed on the screen. Historically, Hemingway met Gellhorn in 1936 when he was still living with his second wife Pauline Pfeiffer. They got married in 1940 but they spent the time mostly away from each other as Gellhorn preferred to travel and cover the latest news on wars.
There is no production date yet on "Hemingway & Gellhorn". Owen is due to film "Intruders" this summer while Kidman is hooked to "Rabbit Hole".
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom