Sylvester Stallone's 'The Expendables' Debuts Red Band Clip
Lionsgate Films has released the first clip for "The Expendables" which has star-studded cast ensemble. Titled "Boat Gunfight", the age-restricted video highlights the scenes in which Sylvester Stallone and his partners are facing several men who point their guns to hostages.
The film centers its story on The Expendables who are hired to infiltrate a South American country and overthrow its ruthless dictator after years of unspeakable corruption that concludes with tragedies. Led by Stallone's Barney Ross, the group of mercenaries consists of Jason Statham's Lee Christmas, Jet Li's Yin Yang, Terry Crews' Hale Caesar and Randy Couture's Toll Road.
Once the mission begins, the men realize things aren't quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web of deceit and betrayal. They later begin to learn that their true enemies are rogue ex-CIA operative James Monroe (Eric Roberts) and his henchman Paine (Steve Austin).
Other A-list actors who are also among the cast line-up are Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Beside starring in it, Stallone also directs and writes the script for this action adventure flick which will open wide in U.S. theaters on August 13.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed