'True Blood' Takes a Big Bite Out of Ratings
The numbers are in, HBO's effort in heavily promoting "True Blood" season 3 did not go in vain. The new season was off to a strong start on Sunday, June 13 when approximately 5.1 million viewers tuned in. It is a staggering 38% increase over the second season debut and 19% more than the season 2 average.
When summed up with the 11 P.M. encore broadcast, the number drew a total of 6.4 million viewers. 5.1 million however is not the show's highest peak for an August 2009 episode took in 5.3 million. Nevertheless, "True Blood" is on the run to become HBO's most successful investment after "The Sopranos" and "Sex and the City".
On other networks at the same time frame, ABC's "The Bachelorette" took the most audience with 8.3 million hooked. Its second reality series of the night "True Beauty" also won in the 10 P.M. timeslot.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed