'True Blood' Takes a Big Bite Out of Ratings
The numbers are in, HBO's effort in heavily promoting "True Blood" season 3 did not go in vain. The new season was off to a strong start on Sunday, June 13 when approximately 5.1 million viewers tuned in. It is a staggering 38% increase over the second season debut and 19% more than the season 2 average.
When summed up with the 11 P.M. encore broadcast, the number drew a total of 6.4 million viewers. 5.1 million however is not the show's highest peak for an August 2009 episode took in 5.3 million. Nevertheless, "True Blood" is on the run to become HBO's most successful investment after "The Sopranos" and "Sex and the City".
On other networks at the same time frame, ABC's "The Bachelorette" took the most audience with 8.3 million hooked. Its second reality series of the night "True Beauty" also won in the 10 P.M. timeslot.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert