'True Blood' Takes a Big Bite Out of Ratings
The numbers are in, HBO's effort in heavily promoting "True Blood" season 3 did not go in vain. The new season was off to a strong start on Sunday, June 13 when approximately 5.1 million viewers tuned in. It is a staggering 38% increase over the second season debut and 19% more than the season 2 average.
When summed up with the 11 P.M. encore broadcast, the number drew a total of 6.4 million viewers. 5.1 million however is not the show's highest peak for an August 2009 episode took in 5.3 million. Nevertheless, "True Blood" is on the run to become HBO's most successful investment after "The Sopranos" and "Sex and the City".
On other networks at the same time frame, ABC's "The Bachelorette" took the most audience with 8.3 million hooked. Its second reality series of the night "True Beauty" also won in the 10 P.M. timeslot.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other