'True Blood' Takes a Big Bite Out of Ratings
The numbers are in, HBO's effort in heavily promoting "True Blood" season 3 did not go in vain. The new season was off to a strong start on Sunday, June 13 when approximately 5.1 million viewers tuned in. It is a staggering 38% increase over the second season debut and 19% more than the season 2 average.
When summed up with the 11 P.M. encore broadcast, the number drew a total of 6.4 million viewers. 5.1 million however is not the show's highest peak for an August 2009 episode took in 5.3 million. Nevertheless, "True Blood" is on the run to become HBO's most successful investment after "The Sopranos" and "Sex and the City".
On other networks at the same time frame, ABC's "The Bachelorette" took the most audience with 8.3 million hooked. Its second reality series of the night "True Beauty" also won in the 10 P.M. timeslot.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart