'True Blood' Takes a Big Bite Out of Ratings
The numbers are in, HBO's effort in heavily promoting "True Blood" season 3 did not go in vain. The new season was off to a strong start on Sunday, June 13 when approximately 5.1 million viewers tuned in. It is a staggering 38% increase over the second season debut and 19% more than the season 2 average.
When summed up with the 11 P.M. encore broadcast, the number drew a total of 6.4 million viewers. 5.1 million however is not the show's highest peak for an August 2009 episode took in 5.3 million. Nevertheless, "True Blood" is on the run to become HBO's most successful investment after "The Sopranos" and "Sex and the City".
On other networks at the same time frame, ABC's "The Bachelorette" took the most audience with 8.3 million hooked. Its second reality series of the night "True Beauty" also won in the 10 P.M. timeslot.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?