'Ghost Rider 2' to Get 'Crank' Directors, Nicolas Cage In Talks to Return
It seems that Columbia Pictures wants to get some cranking element for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance". According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the studio is in early negotiations with "Crank" helmers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor to serve behind the lens for the upcoming movie.
Nicolas Cage who takes the titular character in 2007 "Ghost Rider" has not signed up for the sequel. THR additionally reports the actor is also still in early negotiations to reprise his role as stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze.
Plot details for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" are kept under wraps and it is not yet known whether the movie will see other characters from the previous movie. Though the dealmaking is in the preliminary stages, the studio wants to move forward with the project as they plan to kick off principal photography by late fall.
The first "Ghost Rider" film follows Johnny Blaze who makes a deal with the devil in order to save the life of a loved one. After it was released in February three years ago, the action thriller grossed almost $230 million worldwide.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist