'Ghost Rider 2' to Get 'Crank' Directors, Nicolas Cage In Talks to Return
It seems that Columbia Pictures wants to get some cranking element for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance". According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the studio is in early negotiations with "Crank" helmers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor to serve behind the lens for the upcoming movie.
Nicolas Cage who takes the titular character in 2007 "Ghost Rider" has not signed up for the sequel. THR additionally reports the actor is also still in early negotiations to reprise his role as stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze.
Plot details for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" are kept under wraps and it is not yet known whether the movie will see other characters from the previous movie. Though the dealmaking is in the preliminary stages, the studio wants to move forward with the project as they plan to kick off principal photography by late fall.
The first "Ghost Rider" film follows Johnny Blaze who makes a deal with the devil in order to save the life of a loved one. After it was released in February three years ago, the action thriller grossed almost $230 million worldwide.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- New Director Is Reportedly Eyed to Helm 'Justice League Dark'
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo