'Ghost Rider 2' to Get 'Crank' Directors, Nicolas Cage In Talks to Return
It seems that Columbia Pictures wants to get some cranking element for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance". According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the studio is in early negotiations with "Crank" helmers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor to serve behind the lens for the upcoming movie.
Nicolas Cage who takes the titular character in 2007 "Ghost Rider" has not signed up for the sequel. THR additionally reports the actor is also still in early negotiations to reprise his role as stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze.
Plot details for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" are kept under wraps and it is not yet known whether the movie will see other characters from the previous movie. Though the dealmaking is in the preliminary stages, the studio wants to move forward with the project as they plan to kick off principal photography by late fall.
The first "Ghost Rider" film follows Johnny Blaze who makes a deal with the devil in order to save the life of a loved one. After it was released in February three years ago, the action thriller grossed almost $230 million worldwide.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...