'Ghost Rider 2' to Get 'Crank' Directors, Nicolas Cage In Talks to Return
It seems that Columbia Pictures wants to get some cranking element for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance". According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the studio is in early negotiations with "Crank" helmers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor to serve behind the lens for the upcoming movie.
Nicolas Cage who takes the titular character in 2007 "Ghost Rider" has not signed up for the sequel. THR additionally reports the actor is also still in early negotiations to reprise his role as stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze.
Plot details for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" are kept under wraps and it is not yet known whether the movie will see other characters from the previous movie. Though the dealmaking is in the preliminary stages, the studio wants to move forward with the project as they plan to kick off principal photography by late fall.
The first "Ghost Rider" film follows Johnny Blaze who makes a deal with the devil in order to save the life of a loved one. After it was released in February three years ago, the action thriller grossed almost $230 million worldwide.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke