'Ghost Rider 2' to Get 'Crank' Directors, Nicolas Cage In Talks to Return
It seems that Columbia Pictures wants to get some cranking element for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance". According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the studio is in early negotiations with "Crank" helmers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor to serve behind the lens for the upcoming movie.
Nicolas Cage who takes the titular character in 2007 "Ghost Rider" has not signed up for the sequel. THR additionally reports the actor is also still in early negotiations to reprise his role as stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze.
Plot details for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" are kept under wraps and it is not yet known whether the movie will see other characters from the previous movie. Though the dealmaking is in the preliminary stages, the studio wants to move forward with the project as they plan to kick off principal photography by late fall.
The first "Ghost Rider" film follows Johnny Blaze who makes a deal with the devil in order to save the life of a loved one. After it was released in February three years ago, the action thriller grossed almost $230 million worldwide.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?