Hugh Jackman's 'Real Steel' Debuts First Official Pictures
USA Today has got its hand on the first production photo from "Real Steel" starring Hugh Jackman. In the image, the lead actor is seen giving a direction to a robot in what looks like a ring. The robot, however, is only captured in its half part. Later, Walt Disney Pictures released an on-set picture featuring Jackman with helmer Shawn Levy.
"The moment of walking in and seeing these robots, my jaw was on the floor," Jackman said in an interview with the site about working with the giant machine which is a real device instead of a digital visual effect. Levy then chimed in, "There are some things only visual effects can pull off. But when you give an actor a real thing, in this case a real 8-foot-tall machine, to interact with and do dialog opposite, you get a more grounded reality to the performance."
In the movie, Jackman plays Charlie Kenton an ex-fighter who becomes a promoter when human boxing is outlawed for being too violent. He then finds a discarded robot that always seems to win. During his struggle to become a successful promoter, he discovers that he has a 13-year-old son, and they bond as the robot brawls its way toward the top.
"Real Steel" was originally scripted by Dan Gilroy, and has been rewritten by Les Bohem before John Gatins and Shawn Levy did another rewrite. Dakota Goyo is cast as Kenton's son Max, joined by the likes of Hope Davis, Anthony Mackie and Evangeline Lilly. Steven Spielberg serves as executive producer for this action sci-fi, which is slated to hit U.S. cinemas on November 18, 2011.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress