Hugh Jackman's 'Real Steel' Debuts First Official Pictures
USA Today has got its hand on the first production photo from "Real Steel" starring Hugh Jackman. In the image, the lead actor is seen giving a direction to a robot in what looks like a ring. The robot, however, is only captured in its half part. Later, Walt Disney Pictures released an on-set picture featuring Jackman with helmer Shawn Levy.
"The moment of walking in and seeing these robots, my jaw was on the floor," Jackman said in an interview with the site about working with the giant machine which is a real device instead of a digital visual effect. Levy then chimed in, "There are some things only visual effects can pull off. But when you give an actor a real thing, in this case a real 8-foot-tall machine, to interact with and do dialog opposite, you get a more grounded reality to the performance."
In the movie, Jackman plays Charlie Kenton an ex-fighter who becomes a promoter when human boxing is outlawed for being too violent. He then finds a discarded robot that always seems to win. During his struggle to become a successful promoter, he discovers that he has a 13-year-old son, and they bond as the robot brawls its way toward the top.
"Real Steel" was originally scripted by Dan Gilroy, and has been rewritten by Les Bohem before John Gatins and Shawn Levy did another rewrite. Dakota Goyo is cast as Kenton's son Max, joined by the likes of Hope Davis, Anthony Mackie and Evangeline Lilly. Steven Spielberg serves as executive producer for this action sci-fi, which is slated to hit U.S. cinemas on November 18, 2011.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease