David Yates Offered 'The Hobbit', Robert Rodriguez Considering 'Deadpool'
David Yates may move from a wizarding world to another fantasy land. The 47-year-old who previously worked on "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is reportedly offered to replace Guillermo Del Toro to direct "The Hobbit". Though Slash Film claims the English filmmaker is currently the studios top choice, the site further notes that this has not been confirmed and should be considered rumor.
The upcoming adventure film will be made into two parts, with the first movie slated to arrive in December 2012 while "The Hobbit 2" will come out a year later. It will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council.
After announcing his departure from "The Hobbit", del Toro said he would still team up with Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens to finish the screenplay for the film. As for Yates, he has just wrapped production for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" which will be split into two parts.
In the meantime, Robert Rodriguez is reported to have been offered a chance to serve behind the lens for "Deadpool". The story is first run in the latest issue of Production Weekly and later a source close to the project confirms it to The Playlist. The 41-year-old filmmaker is allegedly considering the job, but no further decision has been made.
Rodriguez serves as producer for "Predators" which is about to be debuted in the U.S. on July 9. He is also waiting the release for "Machete" starring Lindsay Lohan and has "Spy Kids 4: Armageddon" as his next project.
Though nothing has been set in stone for the helmer, "Deadpool" has secured Ryan Reynolds to tackle the titular character. This spin-off of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" will be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner, with Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick tapped to write the script.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake