Josh Brolin Up for 'Jonah Hex' Sequel
"Jonah Hex" is yet to be unleashed in U.S. theaters, but Josh Brolin has shown a positive attitude when talking about a possible sequel. Asked by MovieWeb whether or not he is interested to reprise his role as the titular character in the follow-up should the movie is successful, he replied, "Always and I said that during the shooting."
"This was a very, very tough shoot as you well know, Once you're out there, it's hot, you've got the prosthetic on and you think, oh my god I'll never do this again," he further shared. "...but then afterwards you look back on it and you go, wow I really appreciate the way this turned out and we could take this movie in any direction that we wanted to."
Brolin then noted that the sequel will be determined by the performance of the upcoming June 18 release, saying "So yeah, all of this is going to be determined by whether it does well and this and that." To conclude his explanation, he told MovieWeb, "But whatever man, I love the movie, I'm happy with it, you know? Anything can be a franchise at some point, but the movie itself and by itself I'm proud of it for sure, Absolutely!"
In "Jonah Hex", Josh Brolin plays a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who has survived death. In exchange for his freedom, Jonah Hex is ordered by the U.S. military to stop a terrorist who is ready to unleash Hell on Earth. He is hired to track down Quentin Turnbull, with whom he shares a troubled past.
Megan Fox is tapped to portray a prostitute named Leila who will join Hex in the adventure. John Malkovich and Michael Fassbender also join the cast as villainous characters, Turnbull and Burke. This thriller is directed by Jimmy Hayward.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics