'Army Wives' Creates Spin-Off With Gabrielle Union On Board
Lifetime moves on with its plan to have a spin-off to "Army Wives", casting Gabrielle Union as a lead character. The network will also debut some sort of a backdoor pilot to the original series later this year.
The spin-off which is yet to get a title will center on Brigid Brannagh's Pamela who is now divorced from her Delta Force soldier husband. Upon being single, Pamela takes back her old job as an Atlanta cop and her partner is Union's Detective Gina Holt.
"Army Wives" is in the middle of its fourth season, the embedded storyline to the potential series will play out toward the end, which is this month. "Army Wives" scribes Bruce Zimmerman and T.D. Mitchell are attached to create the new series.
Gabrielle Union had not much luck in the last two TV projects that she took. Both "Life" and "FlashForward" were cut short before they reached third and second season respectively.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!