'Army Wives' Creates Spin-Off With Gabrielle Union On Board
Lifetime moves on with its plan to have a spin-off to "Army Wives", casting Gabrielle Union as a lead character. The network will also debut some sort of a backdoor pilot to the original series later this year.
The spin-off which is yet to get a title will center on Brigid Brannagh's Pamela who is now divorced from her Delta Force soldier husband. Upon being single, Pamela takes back her old job as an Atlanta cop and her partner is Union's Detective Gina Holt.
"Army Wives" is in the middle of its fourth season, the embedded storyline to the potential series will play out toward the end, which is this month. "Army Wives" scribes Bruce Zimmerman and T.D. Mitchell are attached to create the new series.
Gabrielle Union had not much luck in the last two TV projects that she took. Both "Life" and "FlashForward" were cut short before they reached third and second season respectively.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby