'Army Wives' Creates Spin-Off With Gabrielle Union On Board
Lifetime moves on with its plan to have a spin-off to "Army Wives", casting Gabrielle Union as a lead character. The network will also debut some sort of a backdoor pilot to the original series later this year.
The spin-off which is yet to get a title will center on Brigid Brannagh's Pamela who is now divorced from her Delta Force soldier husband. Upon being single, Pamela takes back her old job as an Atlanta cop and her partner is Union's Detective Gina Holt.
"Army Wives" is in the middle of its fourth season, the embedded storyline to the potential series will play out toward the end, which is this month. "Army Wives" scribes Bruce Zimmerman and T.D. Mitchell are attached to create the new series.
Gabrielle Union had not much luck in the last two TV projects that she took. Both "Life" and "FlashForward" were cut short before they reached third and second season respectively.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance