'Army Wives' Creates Spin-Off With Gabrielle Union On Board
Lifetime moves on with its plan to have a spin-off to "Army Wives", casting Gabrielle Union as a lead character. The network will also debut some sort of a backdoor pilot to the original series later this year.
The spin-off which is yet to get a title will center on Brigid Brannagh's Pamela who is now divorced from her Delta Force soldier husband. Upon being single, Pamela takes back her old job as an Atlanta cop and her partner is Union's Detective Gina Holt.
"Army Wives" is in the middle of its fourth season, the embedded storyline to the potential series will play out toward the end, which is this month. "Army Wives" scribes Bruce Zimmerman and T.D. Mitchell are attached to create the new series.
Gabrielle Union had not much luck in the last two TV projects that she took. Both "Life" and "FlashForward" were cut short before they reached third and second season respectively.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels