'Army Wives' Creates Spin-Off With Gabrielle Union On Board
Lifetime moves on with its plan to have a spin-off to "Army Wives", casting Gabrielle Union as a lead character. The network will also debut some sort of a backdoor pilot to the original series later this year.
The spin-off which is yet to get a title will center on Brigid Brannagh's Pamela who is now divorced from her Delta Force soldier husband. Upon being single, Pamela takes back her old job as an Atlanta cop and her partner is Union's Detective Gina Holt.
"Army Wives" is in the middle of its fourth season, the embedded storyline to the potential series will play out toward the end, which is this month. "Army Wives" scribes Bruce Zimmerman and T.D. Mitchell are attached to create the new series.
Gabrielle Union had not much luck in the last two TV projects that she took. Both "Life" and "FlashForward" were cut short before they reached third and second season respectively.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics