First Glimpse at 'Game of Thrones' via Teaser
HBO has finally given the first push to "Game of Thrones" by releasing the first teaser trailer before the highly-anticipated premiere of "True Blood". A drama starring Sean Bean, "Thrones" sees a harsh family by the name of Starks of Winterfell who is as unyielding as the land they were born to.
Long ago, in a time forgotten, a preternatural event threw the seasons out of balance. In a land where summers can last decades and winters a lifetime, trouble is brewing. The cold is returning, and in the frozen wastes to the north of Winterfell, sinister and supernatural forces are massing beyond the kingdom's protective wall.
The teaser trailer does little in explaining the plot and introducing the characters other than showing a transition from summer to winter. The scarce footage is somehow predicted since there was a report that some roles are recast and scenes will be reshot next month in Northern Ireland. Back in May, Tamzin Mechant left the project and was replaced by Emilia Clarke.
Expected to be a new juggernaut for the basic cable, "Game of Thrones" is slated to debut in 2011.
More Game of Thrones News
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik