Video: Green Day Get Loud at 2010 Tony Awards
Green Day took the stage of Radio City Music Hall in New York on June 13, singing two songs "Holiday" and "Know Your Enemy". The Billie Joe Armstrong-fronted band were joined by cast of "American Idiot" musical during the performance.
Prior to that, host Sean Hayes kicked off the Sunday ceremony with a piano medley of Broadway and classical tunes. Supporting him for the opening number included "Million Dollar Quartet" cast, Chad Kimball from "Memphis" and Kristin Chenoweth from "Promises, Promises".
Later, Hayes received applause from audience when he shared a passionate kiss with Chenoweth on stage. The smooch was aimed to hit back at Newsweek which infamously singled out him and Jonathan Groff for portraying straight men. After the kiss, he said, "I know what you're thinking ... she's too short for me."
More Green Day News
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash