Video: Green Day Get Loud at 2010 Tony Awards
Green Day took the stage of Radio City Music Hall in New York on June 13, singing two songs "Holiday" and "Know Your Enemy". The Billie Joe Armstrong-fronted band were joined by cast of "American Idiot" musical during the performance.
Prior to that, host Sean Hayes kicked off the Sunday ceremony with a piano medley of Broadway and classical tunes. Supporting him for the opening number included "Million Dollar Quartet" cast, Chad Kimball from "Memphis" and Kristin Chenoweth from "Promises, Promises".
Later, Hayes received applause from audience when he shared a passionate kiss with Chenoweth on stage. The smooch was aimed to hit back at Newsweek which infamously singled out him and Jonathan Groff for portraying straight men. After the kiss, he said, "I know what you're thinking ... she's too short for me."
Sean Hayes' opening number:
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video