2010 Tony Awards: Sean Hayes and Kristen Chenoweth's Jab at Newsweek
Sean Hayes indeed brought the subject matter of Newsweek article to the 64th Annual Tony Awards. Together with his "Promises, Promises" co-star Kristin Chenoweth, the openly gay actor teamed up for a long passionate kiss, involving tongue as well.
The smooch is a jab to the infamous Newsweek article where associate editor Ramin Setoodeh wrote that the romance between Hayes and Chenoweth in "Promises, Promises" is "wooden and insincere". Setoodeh noted that the performance is an example of why gay actors have troubles in pulling heterosexual character roles.
The kissing stunt at Tonys began right after a duet between Chenoweth and Hayes on "I Say a Little Prayer". Chenoweth came back to the stage briefly to tell Hayes to "break a leg" and give him a quick kiss. But they continued with a long one that had everyone in the audience cheering. After she exited the stage, Hayes said, "I know what you're thinking. ...She's too short for me."
The 64th Annual Tony Awards is taking place at NYC's Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, June 13.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder