2010 Tony Awards: Sean Hayes and Kristen Chenoweth's Jab at Newsweek
Sean Hayes indeed brought the subject matter of Newsweek article to the 64th Annual Tony Awards. Together with his "Promises, Promises" co-star Kristin Chenoweth, the openly gay actor teamed up for a long passionate kiss, involving tongue as well.
The smooch is a jab to the infamous Newsweek article where associate editor Ramin Setoodeh wrote that the romance between Hayes and Chenoweth in "Promises, Promises" is "wooden and insincere". Setoodeh noted that the performance is an example of why gay actors have troubles in pulling heterosexual character roles.
The kissing stunt at Tonys began right after a duet between Chenoweth and Hayes on "I Say a Little Prayer". Chenoweth came back to the stage briefly to tell Hayes to "break a leg" and give him a quick kiss. But they continued with a long one that had everyone in the audience cheering. After she exited the stage, Hayes said, "I know what you're thinking. ...She's too short for me."
The 64th Annual Tony Awards is taking place at NYC's Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, June 13.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung