2010 Tony Awards: Sean Hayes and Kristen Chenoweth's Jab at Newsweek
Sean Hayes indeed brought the subject matter of Newsweek article to the 64th Annual Tony Awards. Together with his "Promises, Promises" co-star Kristin Chenoweth, the openly gay actor teamed up for a long passionate kiss, involving tongue as well.
The smooch is a jab to the infamous Newsweek article where associate editor Ramin Setoodeh wrote that the romance between Hayes and Chenoweth in "Promises, Promises" is "wooden and insincere". Setoodeh noted that the performance is an example of why gay actors have troubles in pulling heterosexual character roles.
The kissing stunt at Tonys began right after a duet between Chenoweth and Hayes on "I Say a Little Prayer". Chenoweth came back to the stage briefly to tell Hayes to "break a leg" and give him a quick kiss. But they continued with a long one that had everyone in the audience cheering. After she exited the stage, Hayes said, "I know what you're thinking. ...She's too short for me."
The 64th Annual Tony Awards is taking place at NYC's Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, June 13.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story