2010 Tony Awards: Sean Hayes and Kristen Chenoweth's Jab at Newsweek
Sean Hayes indeed brought the subject matter of Newsweek article to the 64th Annual Tony Awards. Together with his "Promises, Promises" co-star Kristin Chenoweth, the openly gay actor teamed up for a long passionate kiss, involving tongue as well.
The smooch is a jab to the infamous Newsweek article where associate editor Ramin Setoodeh wrote that the romance between Hayes and Chenoweth in "Promises, Promises" is "wooden and insincere". Setoodeh noted that the performance is an example of why gay actors have troubles in pulling heterosexual character roles.
The kissing stunt at Tonys began right after a duet between Chenoweth and Hayes on "I Say a Little Prayer". Chenoweth came back to the stage briefly to tell Hayes to "break a leg" and give him a quick kiss. But they continued with a long one that had everyone in the audience cheering. After she exited the stage, Hayes said, "I know what you're thinking. ...She's too short for me."
The 64th Annual Tony Awards is taking place at NYC's Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, June 13.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'