2010 Tony Awards: Sean Hayes and Kristen Chenoweth's Jab at Newsweek
Sean Hayes indeed brought the subject matter of Newsweek article to the 64th Annual Tony Awards. Together with his "Promises, Promises" co-star Kristin Chenoweth, the openly gay actor teamed up for a long passionate kiss, involving tongue as well.
The smooch is a jab to the infamous Newsweek article where associate editor Ramin Setoodeh wrote that the romance between Hayes and Chenoweth in "Promises, Promises" is "wooden and insincere". Setoodeh noted that the performance is an example of why gay actors have troubles in pulling heterosexual character roles.
The kissing stunt at Tonys began right after a duet between Chenoweth and Hayes on "I Say a Little Prayer". Chenoweth came back to the stage briefly to tell Hayes to "break a leg" and give him a quick kiss. But they continued with a long one that had everyone in the audience cheering. After she exited the stage, Hayes said, "I know what you're thinking. ...She's too short for me."
The 64th Annual Tony Awards is taking place at NYC's Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, June 13.
More Sean Hayes News
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies