First Look at 'Futurama' Season 6 Through Clip
Professor Farnsworth reminds the temporarily-amnesiac Fry of how their spaceship passed through the Panama Wormhole in the first clip of "Futurama" season 6. The Comedy Central animation returns on screen June 24 with the episode "Rebirth" where, after the events of Into the Wild Green Yonder, all the characters will be reborn.
"Matt [Groening] and I decided to make sure people knew right away that this was Futurama in its classic half-hour form," executive producer David X. Cohen said in a chat with EW of what can be expected from this season. "We wanted to quickly establish in the first episode that the characters are back from their DVD adventures. Fry and Leela return relatively quickly. Very quickly we get back to the Planet Express headquarters in New New York City - and the only slight hitch is that everybody is dead."
On what kind of stories will be told, Cohen said, "We're going to see our versions of Twitter and iPhones in the future, as Fry posts embarrassing videos of Leela online. The difference is, in our version of the iPhone, the iPhone is implanted in your eye. It's a tiny hovering screen in front of you and it's even more annoying than the real iPhone."
"One of my favorite episodes of the year is one where Bender tries to pass a ballot initiative called Proposition Infinity to legalize robosexual marriage, which is the marriage between a robot and a human. It's taboo and illegal in the future, and there's going to be a very shocking romance between Bender and one of our female characters."
"[In another episode], the Professor invents a time machine that only goes forward in time. Once they start going, there is no hope of return. And the initial goal is to just go a minute forward into the future and test it out, but the Professor trips and they're immediately 1,000 years in the future with nowhere to go but forward. So they spend the episode going further and further through all future history trying to find the technology for a backward time machine."
Katee Sackhoff from "Battlestar Galactica" will provide a voice for a Comic Con visitor. Mark Mothersbaugh and Devo will come to the 100th episode as themselves while Craig Ferguson is playing a talking part of Leela's body. Other guest voices come from Chris Elliott, George Takei, Al Gore, Patton Oswalt in addition to Cohen and Groening themselves.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce