Weezer Give Away New World Cup-Inspired Song 'Represent'
In support of U.S. soccer team in 2010 World Cup, Rivers Cuomo who is an avid fan of soccer has led Weezer to record a song called "Represent". The track is made available for free download on iTunes for one week beginning at midnight on Friday, June 11.
"And that is how you play the game / and that is if you can take the pain," the vocalist sings on the chorus. "But that's just one more reason to see that it matters / whether you win or lose."
The U.S. soccer team will face off England in the World Cup for the first time since 1950 on June 12. Weezer will be cheering the team at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, where they will be headlining over the weekend.
"They are actually playing the game on a big screen at the festival," Rivers said as quoted by MLSsoccer. "So if you can believe it, I'll be sitting in front of that big screen with all the other concert-goers, watching the game. As soon as we realized we were going to confirm that show, we asked the promoter if they were going to be showing the game. They're actually making a big deal out of it."
This is not the first time Rivers Cuomo who befriends soccer player Landon Donovan recorded an ode for the U.S. soccer team. Back in 2006, he crafted a song which was originally called "Our Time Will Come" and then retitled "My Day Is Coming".
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl