January Jones' Car Collision Not Investigated Since 'No Crime Occurred'
Police has informed that "no investigation" is made over January Jones' car collision. The "Mad Men" star was involved in the crash which occurred in Los Angeles around 9 P.M. on Friday, June 11 and she has been reported hit-and-run after allegedly hitting the other cars, causing some major damage and leaving the scene on foot.
"If this was a hit-and-run, Ms. Jones would have been arrested. She was being followed by paparazzi and hit two parked cars," LAPD officer April Harding told People. "She wasn't under the influence of anything. No one got hurt. That's pretty much it. There is no investigation." The LAPD officer further stated, "No crime occurred here."
Jones' rep has also explained about the situation by releasing a statement on Friday afternoon. "While being followed by paparazzi, Ms. Jones struck two parked cars. She did not flee the scene; she left her license with a witness and walked to her nearby home to call the police," the statement read. "She immediately returned to the scene to speak with the police."
On the detail of the incident, police told TMZ that Jones herself informed them she was at The London West Hollywood Hotel watching the Lakers lose and then drove home. On her way, the actress claimed several paparazzi followed her and she began losing control of her car and struck 3 parked vehicles.
Jones further said that the paparazzi were harassing her so she left her license and walked a half a block to her home and called 911. She returned on the scene after a dispatcher informed her that cops had just arrived.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years