January Jones' Car Collision Not Investigated Since 'No Crime Occurred'
Police has informed that "no investigation" is made over January Jones' car collision. The "Mad Men" star was involved in the crash which occurred in Los Angeles around 9 P.M. on Friday, June 11 and she has been reported hit-and-run after allegedly hitting the other cars, causing some major damage and leaving the scene on foot.
"If this was a hit-and-run, Ms. Jones would have been arrested. She was being followed by paparazzi and hit two parked cars," LAPD officer April Harding told People. "She wasn't under the influence of anything. No one got hurt. That's pretty much it. There is no investigation." The LAPD officer further stated, "No crime occurred here."
Jones' rep has also explained about the situation by releasing a statement on Friday afternoon. "While being followed by paparazzi, Ms. Jones struck two parked cars. She did not flee the scene; she left her license with a witness and walked to her nearby home to call the police," the statement read. "She immediately returned to the scene to speak with the police."
On the detail of the incident, police told TMZ that Jones herself informed them she was at The London West Hollywood Hotel watching the Lakers lose and then drove home. On her way, the actress claimed several paparazzi followed her and she began losing control of her car and struck 3 parked vehicles.
Jones further said that the paparazzi were harassing her so she left her license and walked a half a block to her home and called 911. She returned on the scene after a dispatcher informed her that cops had just arrived.
More January Jones News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent