Kid Cudi Arrested for Criminal Mischief and Possession of Controlled Substance
Kid Cudi has been in trouble with the law again. TMZ reported that the 26-year-old rapper, who plans to release his new album "Man on the Moon II : The Legend of Mr. Rager" in August, was arrested in NYC for felony criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance on Friday evening, June 11.
Sources told the site that Kid took a 24-year-old woman's phone and slammed it to smithereens. The "Day 'N' Night" hitmaker also allegedly ripped her apartment door off its hinges. Police arrived at the scene and found a glass bottle of a controlled substance. The rapper is currently dating Jamie Baratta but it's still unknown whether she was the woman involved in the incident.
This wasn't the first time Kid Cudi had a run-in with the law. Back in February 2009, Kid was tasered and arrested at Reebok's All-Star Weekend event in Phoenix after being involved in an altercation. He later addressed the incident on his blog, informing that he was tasered but not arrested.
Kid has also been pulled over at gunpoint by police in Los Angeles on December 21, 2009. However, Los Angeles Police Department officers, who handcuffed him and his pals at his vehicle, realized that it was a case of mistaken identity.
"Who knows, really, the story changed a bunch," Kid told NME on what happened. "I'm just happy to be back. I'm a free man! For that moment I was not free. I was in handcuffs. It did not feel very comfortable."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says