Aaron Johnson and Anton Yelchin Added to Short List of 'Spider-Man' Reboot
The search for the new depicter of Peter Parker is not over yet. Despite report that Jamie Bell has been cast in an untitled Spider-Man reboot, Los Angeles Times has got information from sources who say that two names have been added as the potential lead actor for the film.
Those who just join the short list are Aaron Johnson and Anton Yelchin. Johnson is dubbed an appropriate depicter of young Parker by the site considering his latest appearance as a teenager who turns into a superhero wannabe in "Kick-Ass". Yelchin is said to have the same chance because his portrayal of Kyle Reese in "Terminator Salvation" is quite impressive.
Previously, other actors who have been mentioned to be considered to star in the next "Spider-Man" film are Josh Hutcherson, Alden Ehrenreich, Frank Dillane and Andrew Garfield, in addition to Jamie Bell. LA Times further reports that screen testing is expected to start shortly to decide the right choice.
"Spider-Man" reboot was announced to be developed in early this year after Sony Pictures scrapped "Spider-Man 4". The upcoming film will follow Peter Parker during his high school age, thus Tobey Maguire who has played the character in three "Spider-Man" films will not return in the new installment.
Marc Webb is later chosen to direct this remake, with James Vanderbilt writing the script. Columbia Pictures has announced July 3, 2012 as the U.S. release date for the action sci-fi, while shooting is scheduled to begin later this year.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media