Aaron Johnson and Anton Yelchin Added to Short List of 'Spider-Man' Reboot
The search for the new depicter of Peter Parker is not over yet. Despite report that Jamie Bell has been cast in an untitled Spider-Man reboot, Los Angeles Times has got information from sources who say that two names have been added as the potential lead actor for the film.
Those who just join the short list are Aaron Johnson and Anton Yelchin. Johnson is dubbed an appropriate depicter of young Parker by the site considering his latest appearance as a teenager who turns into a superhero wannabe in "Kick-Ass". Yelchin is said to have the same chance because his portrayal of Kyle Reese in "Terminator Salvation" is quite impressive.
Previously, other actors who have been mentioned to be considered to star in the next "Spider-Man" film are Josh Hutcherson, Alden Ehrenreich, Frank Dillane and Andrew Garfield, in addition to Jamie Bell. LA Times further reports that screen testing is expected to start shortly to decide the right choice.
"Spider-Man" reboot was announced to be developed in early this year after Sony Pictures scrapped "Spider-Man 4". The upcoming film will follow Peter Parker during his high school age, thus Tobey Maguire who has played the character in three "Spider-Man" films will not return in the new installment.
Marc Webb is later chosen to direct this remake, with James Vanderbilt writing the script. Columbia Pictures has announced July 3, 2012 as the U.S. release date for the action sci-fi, while shooting is scheduled to begin later this year.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival