Aaron Johnson and Anton Yelchin Added to Short List of 'Spider-Man' Reboot
The search for the new depicter of Peter Parker is not over yet. Despite report that Jamie Bell has been cast in an untitled Spider-Man reboot, Los Angeles Times has got information from sources who say that two names have been added as the potential lead actor for the film.
Those who just join the short list are Aaron Johnson and Anton Yelchin. Johnson is dubbed an appropriate depicter of young Parker by the site considering his latest appearance as a teenager who turns into a superhero wannabe in "Kick-Ass". Yelchin is said to have the same chance because his portrayal of Kyle Reese in "Terminator Salvation" is quite impressive.
Previously, other actors who have been mentioned to be considered to star in the next "Spider-Man" film are Josh Hutcherson, Alden Ehrenreich, Frank Dillane and Andrew Garfield, in addition to Jamie Bell. LA Times further reports that screen testing is expected to start shortly to decide the right choice.
"Spider-Man" reboot was announced to be developed in early this year after Sony Pictures scrapped "Spider-Man 4". The upcoming film will follow Peter Parker during his high school age, thus Tobey Maguire who has played the character in three "Spider-Man" films will not return in the new installment.
Marc Webb is later chosen to direct this remake, with James Vanderbilt writing the script. Columbia Pictures has announced July 3, 2012 as the U.S. release date for the action sci-fi, while shooting is scheduled to begin later this year.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes