'Clash of the Titans 2' Has Start Date, Jonathan Liebesman Is Frontrunner to Direct
After "Clash of the Titans" gained as much as $475.6 million worldwide, Warner Bros. Pictures is eager to see the follow-up coming out. According to Los Angeles Times, the studio has eyed to kick off production for this untitled Clash of the Titans sequel as early as January 2011.
Since Louis Leterrier opted not to return to the helming duty for the second film, Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures reportedly have been busy meeting with directors to take the empty seat. Among the contenders, Jonathan Liebesman is said to be on top of the list. The helmer has previously worked on horror movies "Darkness Falls" and "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".
Beside tempted to make money from the franchise, Warners and Legendary need to make "Clash of the Titans" sequel quickly because Sam Worthington who plays Perseus also commits to "Avatar" sequel. And early 2011 becomes the possible start date since the James Cameron's sci-fi will likely start shooting later the same year, LA Times further reported.
"Clash of the Titans" follows Perseus who volunteers to lead a mission to defeat the vengeful god of the underworld before Hades can seize power from Zeus and unleash hell on earth. Defying his fate as a son of god, he is joined by a group of brave warriors on his journey. The movie which was unleashed on April 2 got mixed review, with the negative ones particularly directed to the poorly executed 3-D.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance