Lady GaGa Flipping the Bird During Mets Game
Lady GaGa has surely made an upheaval during the San Diego Padres and the New York Mets game at Citi Field in New York on Thursday afternoon, June 10. Beside attending the game by wearing a bra, the "Poker Face" hitmaker also spent much of the time flipping off photographers and drinking beer.
Arriving at the game, GaGa was showered with a wave of boos from the crowd perhaps for arriving halfway through the game. The 24-year-old singer was placed near home plate but asked to be moved after the game's photographers were snapping pictures of her, which later prompted her making the obscene gesture. She did not attend the second game.
The Baseball game aside, Lady GaGa recently received mixed reaction over her controversial video for "Alejandro" due to religious symbolism she used in the clip. Singer Katy Perry reacted on the clip, writing on her Twitter page, "Using blasphemy as entertainment is as cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke."
GaGa was also blasted by bosses at America's Catholic League who released statement mentioning that she was "abusing Catholic symbols" and "has now become the new poster girl for American decadence and Catholic bashing, sans (without) the looks and talent of her role model."
However, GaGa hit back the criticism, tweeting "So many will try to destroy me. So many, over and over, coming in periods of greatness. But in this period, I cannot be broken: GAGAKLEIN." The video's director Steven Klein also spoke out about the negative reaction, stating "The religious symbolism is not meant to denote anything negative, but represents the character's battle between the dark forces of this world and the spiritual salvation of the soul."
More Lady GaGa News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences