'Transformers 3' Will Be in 3-D, Shockwave Is the Villain
"Transformers 3" is currently in production and Michael Bay as well as Lorenzo di Bonaventura have provided some new details about the project. Met by USA Today on the film's set, the two confirmed that the upcoming movie will be made in 3-D and Shockwave is the new enemy of Autobots and Sam Witwicky.
Producer di Bonaventura went on spilling detail of the film, saying "Shia [LaBeouf] has this great line: 'You know, I've saved the world twice, but I can't get a job'." The filmmakers additionally revealed that the third "Transformers" movie will feature a space race between the U.S.S.R. and the USA, with Bay adding "One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy."
While some of the characters were resurrected in the previous films, di Bonaventura claimed the upcoming movie will let those who die stay dead. Meanwhile, director Bay promised this follow-up to "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" will give a killer ending for the trilogy, stating "This one really builds to a final crescendo. It's not three multiple endings. As a trilogy, it really ends. It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending."
During the chat, Bay also addressed the criticism he received regarding the second "Transformers" movie, blaming the writer's strike for not giving enough time to prepare the project. "I'll take some of the criticism. It was very hard to put (the sequel) together that quickly after the writers' strike (of 2007-08)," he stated.
While Shia LaBeouf will still portray Sam Witwicky, Megan Fox decided to skip "Transformers 3". Speaking about his co-star's departure, the actor said, "I love Megan and I miss the girl. But Sam and Mikaela became one character, and here ... you have discovery again from a new perspective."
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has been tapped to be the new leading lady for this sci-fi movie, which is slated for July 1, 2011 release in the U.S. Patrick Dempsey has also been added to the cast ensemble of the film, while Josh Duhamel will reprise his role as Captain William Lennox.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics