'Transformers 3' Will Be in 3-D, Shockwave Is the Villain
"Transformers 3" is currently in production and Michael Bay as well as Lorenzo di Bonaventura have provided some new details about the project. Met by USA Today on the film's set, the two confirmed that the upcoming movie will be made in 3-D and Shockwave is the new enemy of Autobots and Sam Witwicky.
Producer di Bonaventura went on spilling detail of the film, saying "Shia [LaBeouf] has this great line: 'You know, I've saved the world twice, but I can't get a job'." The filmmakers additionally revealed that the third "Transformers" movie will feature a space race between the U.S.S.R. and the USA, with Bay adding "One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy."
While some of the characters were resurrected in the previous films, di Bonaventura claimed the upcoming movie will let those who die stay dead. Meanwhile, director Bay promised this follow-up to "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" will give a killer ending for the trilogy, stating "This one really builds to a final crescendo. It's not three multiple endings. As a trilogy, it really ends. It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending."
During the chat, Bay also addressed the criticism he received regarding the second "Transformers" movie, blaming the writer's strike for not giving enough time to prepare the project. "I'll take some of the criticism. It was very hard to put (the sequel) together that quickly after the writers' strike (of 2007-08)," he stated.
While Shia LaBeouf will still portray Sam Witwicky, Megan Fox decided to skip "Transformers 3". Speaking about his co-star's departure, the actor said, "I love Megan and I miss the girl. But Sam and Mikaela became one character, and here ... you have discovery again from a new perspective."
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has been tapped to be the new leading lady for this sci-fi movie, which is slated for July 1, 2011 release in the U.S. Patrick Dempsey has also been added to the cast ensemble of the film, while Josh Duhamel will reprise his role as Captain William Lennox.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny