Producer Eyes Angelina Jolie for Cleopatra Role
Angelina Jolie has been dubbed the perfect depicter of Cleopatra. Producer Scott Rudin has acquired the rights to an upcoming biography of the Queen of the Nile titled "Cleopatra: A Life" and is envisioning the 35-year-old beauty to portray the famous Egypt queen.
According to USA Today, Rudin's office has confirmed that the project is indeed "being developed for and with Jolie." Also gushing on the actress' qualifications to play Cleopatra, the book's writer Stacy Schiff said during a lunch in Manhattan to promote the biography, "Physically, she's the perfect look."
As for Cleopatra's man, Schiff claimed Jolie's real-life partner Brad Pitt will be suitable to portray Mark Antony. However, when asked about who is the potential depicter of Julius Caesar, the author admitted she has no idea.
According to the book's description on Amazon, "Cleopatra: A Life" explores Cleopatra's lethal political struggle with her brother, her romance with Julius Caesar, her nine-year affair with Mark Antony and her demise. In the book, Schiff wants to capture "the operatic life of an exceptionally seductive and powerful woman, whose death ushered in a new world order."
Earlier this year, Angelina Jolie announced that she left "Wanted 2" which will serve as a follow-up to "Wanted (2008)". She is currently filming "The Tourist" with Johnny Depp while her upcoming summer movie "Salt" is set to open wide in theaters across the U.S. on July 23.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby