Producer Eyes Angelina Jolie for Cleopatra Role
Angelina Jolie has been dubbed the perfect depicter of Cleopatra. Producer Scott Rudin has acquired the rights to an upcoming biography of the Queen of the Nile titled "Cleopatra: A Life" and is envisioning the 35-year-old beauty to portray the famous Egypt queen.
According to USA Today, Rudin's office has confirmed that the project is indeed "being developed for and with Jolie." Also gushing on the actress' qualifications to play Cleopatra, the book's writer Stacy Schiff said during a lunch in Manhattan to promote the biography, "Physically, she's the perfect look."
As for Cleopatra's man, Schiff claimed Jolie's real-life partner Brad Pitt will be suitable to portray Mark Antony. However, when asked about who is the potential depicter of Julius Caesar, the author admitted she has no idea.
According to the book's description on Amazon, "Cleopatra: A Life" explores Cleopatra's lethal political struggle with her brother, her romance with Julius Caesar, her nine-year affair with Mark Antony and her demise. In the book, Schiff wants to capture "the operatic life of an exceptionally seductive and powerful woman, whose death ushered in a new world order."
Earlier this year, Angelina Jolie announced that she left "Wanted 2" which will serve as a follow-up to "Wanted (2008)". She is currently filming "The Tourist" with Johnny Depp while her upcoming summer movie "Salt" is set to open wide in theaters across the U.S. on July 23.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed