Video: Black Eyed Peas, Shakira and Alicia Keys Perform at World Cup Concert
In anticipation of 2010 World Cup on June 11, a star-studded concert featuring Black Eyed Peas, Shakira and Alicia keys was held in Johannesburg, South Africa one day prior. John Legend and K'naan were also there to celebrate the bash.
will.i.am and his bandmates started their set with "Where Is the Love?", continued with "Pump It" as well as "Boom Boom Pow" and finally pumped up the crowd with "I Gotta Feeling". Shakira, meanwhile, kicked it off with "She Wolf" and "Hips Don't Lie" before rocking the stage with World Cup official anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
As for Alicia, she began with single "You Don't Know My Name" and followed it up with "Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart", "Fallin' " and "Empire State of Mind". When singing "Empire State" sans Jay-Z, she changed part of the lyrics from "New York" to "World Cup".
Before the gig was closed, all the performers from international artists to local musicians came to the stage for a live rendition of Sly and the Family Stone's "Everyday People".
Black Eyed Peas:
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'