Video: Black Eyed Peas, Shakira and Alicia Keys Perform at World Cup Concert
In anticipation of 2010 World Cup on June 11, a star-studded concert featuring Black Eyed Peas, Shakira and Alicia keys was held in Johannesburg, South Africa one day prior. John Legend and K'naan were also there to celebrate the bash.
will.i.am and his bandmates started their set with "Where Is the Love?", continued with "Pump It" as well as "Boom Boom Pow" and finally pumped up the crowd with "I Gotta Feeling". Shakira, meanwhile, kicked it off with "She Wolf" and "Hips Don't Lie" before rocking the stage with World Cup official anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
As for Alicia, she began with single "You Don't Know My Name" and followed it up with "Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart", "Fallin' " and "Empire State of Mind". When singing "Empire State" sans Jay-Z, she changed part of the lyrics from "New York" to "World Cup".
Before the gig was closed, all the performers from international artists to local musicians came to the stage for a live rendition of Sly and the Family Stone's "Everyday People".
Black Eyed Peas:
More Black Eyed Peas News
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch