Video: Black Eyed Peas, Shakira and Alicia Keys Perform at World Cup Concert
In anticipation of 2010 World Cup on June 11, a star-studded concert featuring Black Eyed Peas, Shakira and Alicia keys was held in Johannesburg, South Africa one day prior. John Legend and K'naan were also there to celebrate the bash.
will.i.am and his bandmates started their set with "Where Is the Love?", continued with "Pump It" as well as "Boom Boom Pow" and finally pumped up the crowd with "I Gotta Feeling". Shakira, meanwhile, kicked it off with "She Wolf" and "Hips Don't Lie" before rocking the stage with World Cup official anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
As for Alicia, she began with single "You Don't Know My Name" and followed it up with "Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart", "Fallin' " and "Empire State of Mind". When singing "Empire State" sans Jay-Z, she changed part of the lyrics from "New York" to "World Cup".
Before the gig was closed, all the performers from international artists to local musicians came to the stage for a live rendition of Sly and the Family Stone's "Everyday People".
Black Eyed Peas:
More Black Eyed Peas News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video