Behind the Scene Footage of 'Thor' Shared
Entertainment Tonight recently visited the set of "Thor" in Santa Fe, New Mexico and has debuted a behind the scene video. It gives preview to the shooting process for some footage with Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman. Unfortunately, the video mostly captures the depicter of Thor as a normal guy with casual outfit and not wearing his superhero costume.
"Thor starts out as a pretty brash, cocky kind of character," Hemsworth says about his character. "Odin's become older and wiser [and] he realizes that there's a better way of doing things, and so that's also the challenge for him in trying to discipline Thor for the actions he's taking. ... [He] sends Thor away to get some humility." On the video, the Aussie hunk also talks about being part of the superhero franchise as well as his chemistry with leading lady Portman.
Beside shot in New Mexico, "Thor" is also filmed in a studio in Manhattan Beach, California. Anthony Hopkins joins the cast as Thor's father Odin while Thor's enemy Loki is portrayed by Tom Hiddleston. Kenneth Branagh directs the film with the script provided by Mark Protosevich, Ashley Miller and Zak Stentz.
The movie centers its story on Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions. He later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth. The action adventure flick is set for May 6, 2011 release in the U.S.
More Thor News
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year