Warner Bros. Starts Working on 'Green Lantern 2' and 'Flash'
It seems that Warner Bros. is eager to see their superhero movie projects showing their shapes. While "Green Lantern" is still in production, the studio has begun developing the sequel, "Green Lantern 2", as well as "The Flash" by hiring Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim, so The Hollywood Reporter claims.
The three screenwriters who have worked on the first "Green Lantern" film are tapped to write a treatment each for "Green Lantern 2" and "The Flash". The deal additionally mentions that the trio will then provide the screenplay for one of the two upcoming projects.
"Green Lantern 2" will serve as the follow-up to "Green Lantern" which is currently shooting in New Orleans. Ryan Reynolds tackles the titular character while Martin Campbell serves behind the lens for the first installment, which will be debuted in U.S. theaters on June 17, 2011.
As for "The Flash", the film has been widely talked among the line-up of Warner Bros.' next projects in addition to new Superman film "The Man of Steel" and untitled Batman 3 Project which will be the follow-up to "The Dark Knight". Alex Gartner, Geoff Johns and Dan Mazer will produce this movie focusing on the scarlet speedster.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?