Warner Bros. Starts Working on 'Green Lantern 2' and 'Flash'
It seems that Warner Bros. is eager to see their superhero movie projects showing their shapes. While "Green Lantern" is still in production, the studio has begun developing the sequel, "Green Lantern 2", as well as "The Flash" by hiring Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim, so The Hollywood Reporter claims.
The three screenwriters who have worked on the first "Green Lantern" film are tapped to write a treatment each for "Green Lantern 2" and "The Flash". The deal additionally mentions that the trio will then provide the screenplay for one of the two upcoming projects.
"Green Lantern 2" will serve as the follow-up to "Green Lantern" which is currently shooting in New Orleans. Ryan Reynolds tackles the titular character while Martin Campbell serves behind the lens for the first installment, which will be debuted in U.S. theaters on June 17, 2011.
As for "The Flash", the film has been widely talked among the line-up of Warner Bros.' next projects in addition to new Superman film "The Man of Steel" and untitled Batman 3 Project which will be the follow-up to "The Dark Knight". Alex Gartner, Geoff Johns and Dan Mazer will produce this movie focusing on the scarlet speedster.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'