Warner Bros. Starts Working on 'Green Lantern 2' and 'Flash'
It seems that Warner Bros. is eager to see their superhero movie projects showing their shapes. While "Green Lantern" is still in production, the studio has begun developing the sequel, "Green Lantern 2", as well as "The Flash" by hiring Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim, so The Hollywood Reporter claims.
The three screenwriters who have worked on the first "Green Lantern" film are tapped to write a treatment each for "Green Lantern 2" and "The Flash". The deal additionally mentions that the trio will then provide the screenplay for one of the two upcoming projects.
"Green Lantern 2" will serve as the follow-up to "Green Lantern" which is currently shooting in New Orleans. Ryan Reynolds tackles the titular character while Martin Campbell serves behind the lens for the first installment, which will be debuted in U.S. theaters on June 17, 2011.
As for "The Flash", the film has been widely talked among the line-up of Warner Bros.' next projects in addition to new Superman film "The Man of Steel" and untitled Batman 3 Project which will be the follow-up to "The Dark Knight". Alex Gartner, Geoff Johns and Dan Mazer will produce this movie focusing on the scarlet speedster.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!