Warner Bros. Starts Working on 'Green Lantern 2' and 'Flash'
It seems that Warner Bros. is eager to see their superhero movie projects showing their shapes. While "Green Lantern" is still in production, the studio has begun developing the sequel, "Green Lantern 2", as well as "The Flash" by hiring Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim, so The Hollywood Reporter claims.
The three screenwriters who have worked on the first "Green Lantern" film are tapped to write a treatment each for "Green Lantern 2" and "The Flash". The deal additionally mentions that the trio will then provide the screenplay for one of the two upcoming projects.
"Green Lantern 2" will serve as the follow-up to "Green Lantern" which is currently shooting in New Orleans. Ryan Reynolds tackles the titular character while Martin Campbell serves behind the lens for the first installment, which will be debuted in U.S. theaters on June 17, 2011.
As for "The Flash", the film has been widely talked among the line-up of Warner Bros.' next projects in addition to new Superman film "The Man of Steel" and untitled Batman 3 Project which will be the follow-up to "The Dark Knight". Alex Gartner, Geoff Johns and Dan Mazer will produce this movie focusing on the scarlet speedster.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit