Reps Insist Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow Not Falling Out
Both reps for BFF Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow have come up to deny report mentioning the two have been "falling out". Madonna's rep preferred to call the story a complete "B.S.", while Gwyneth's rep told Gossip Cop the two are "still friends", adding the cold war rumor is "not true."
Madonna and Gwyneth were first reported having their relationship cooled by Us Magazine. An insider told the site, "They don't speak. I can't tell you exactly why they had the falling out, but Gwyneth can be jealous and competitive."
The insider explained that things between Madonna and Gwyneth went downhill slowly after the singer broke up with Guy Ritchie in 2008, leaving "Gwyneth and Madonna with less in common." Following the split, Madonna relocated back to New York and she and Gwyneth began to cut their ties.
Gwyneth herself might allude to the friendship trouble in May's issue of British Vogue. The "Iron Man" actress claimed, "I can be mean. I can cave in to gossip. I can ice people out and I can definitely harbor revenge. In fact, I'm having a situation right now with a friend where I'm feeling pretty angry." Gwyneth is widely believed to be referring to Madonna.
Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow have been friends since 1999. During an interview back in 2006, Gwyneth referred to Madonna as being "like an older sister" to her. She said, "Everything I have gone through, she went through ten times worse and ten times longer. She gives me good advice about how to say no and take care of myself."
More Madonna News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic